South Africa in Australia Dec 2008-Jan 2009

Not often you see Morkel stumps smashed this series either.
And there goes Johnson bang into the stands over his head!

These length and half volley type balls aren't what you want to be bowling it at this stage. Length balls are asking to be smashed, I seriously haven't seen a Johnson yorker so hes not the best bowler to be bowling at the death.

241 with 5 overs to go, definitely 270 - 280 on the cards. Exactly right, not where you'd want to bowl. If Johnson does get AB Medal then he'll get the title of "Australia's Best Cricketer"...

Even Bracken going the tonk, certainly is bowling them really slow a few of his balls were around 100km/h. This is where Tait comes in handy, very good at finding the yorker.

Sorry for the ongoing helmet questions... please tell me if this is the wrong place to post and which place I should ask these questions.
But I would like to know if anyone knows why none of the Aussies I've seen wear these 2008 Albion helmets:

Albionhelmets.jpg

They all use the cloth covered ones or the helmets advertised in cricket catalogues as 2007 editions. The one above was advertised as the new helmet in all the cricket magazine/catalogues that came out in the early 2007/08 season.

JP simply awesome, can play the steady knock when needed and today hes showing he can smash it like Morkel. Great find for SA. Bracken getting some seriously treatment today, I really hope it's to do with his injury as very worrying when our economical bowler is getting hammered.

aussie1st added 5 Minutes and 28 Seconds later...

Hilfy best spell this series, hes developing nicely and good on Punter for keeping faith in his death bowling cause like I said hes got the potential just hasn't been able to put it into place.

The way it is going South Africa is going to be number one after this match. South Africa reached 288-6. Not a bad score. It's the highest score in this ODI series.

Last edited:
6/288 is the total, very sound, but there are definitely runs on offer. However, Australia might need 5 batsmen in form to get close and that could well be a couple more than they find.

This will be the biggest chase at the WACA not good at all seeing how out of form some of our batters are. The only saving grace is SA rested Ntini and Steyn. This certainly is an occasion where we could use some Warner magic.

Duminy's innings showed that he can be both an accumulator as well as a destroyer according to the situation. WAG.:hpraise His sixes of Johnners and Bracken were out of this world. However the shot of the day for me was that reverse sweep off Bracken by Botha, mocking his pace bowler status.

Precambrian added 1 Minutes and 15 Seconds later...

ah good score, hope parnell and tsotsobe bowl well and show their true quality and win this.
I hope Lopsy and Parnell have a good debut. However, the pitch is virtually a road, albeit a tad slow. And the outfield is quick, so Australia have a good chance to win, if they exploit the inexperience of these two bowlers.

I am having a feeling that we will win today :)

WORLD CHAMPIONS added 29 Minutes and 52 Seconds later...

Bye Bye Marsh :wave

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread