JP Duminy
Paul Harris
Morne Morkel
Makhaya Ntini
Robin Peterson
Dale Steyn
Lonwabo Tsotsobe
Monde Zondeki

No Gibbs, no Nel, but no shock. Tsotsobe sounds like a useful player. Kallis needs a good series.

Pretty much expxected team although no idea who those last two are.

Don't know how much we can read into this but looks like we might see the rotational policy come out.
"It's no good, I don't think, a lot of the time going on tours carrying around 14 or 15 blokes around and not seeing how they go."

In a possible change from Australia's traditional policy of stability where the best XI have generally been backed on most surfaces, Ponting earmarked changes in home and away series against South Africa before next year's Ashes.

"We have to start looking at the guys that are going to be suited to those conditions and even look ahead to England as well.

"We're going to need people over there who can swing the ball and stand the seam up and do that all the time.

"We need to look at every way you can to have the most impact. They're some of the lessons we all learned in India."

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,24695337-23212,00.html

If it is the case I definitely agree with it as we need to see how Hilfy, Siddle and maybe Bollinger will go against International attacks.

I hope Steyn manages to swing the ball like we have seen him. Especially becuase it swings in to the left handers which I don't think Hayden and Katich will handle to well in such case. Then if he could produce a simliar delivery to Hussey Australia could find themselves 3- not much in a few games.

I hope Steyn manages to swing the ball like we have seen him. Especially becuase it swings in to the left handers which I don't think Hayden and Katich will handle to well in such case. Then if he could produce a simliar delivery to Hussey Australia could find themselves 3- not much in a few games.

Agreed,because he is their main bowler,Ntini has played in Aus before,A Morkel is doing well these days,but Steyn is really quick,he should fire,Aus pitches are quick and they have bounce,the 1st test is in Perth (the fastest pitch)so the bowlers from both sides will enjoy bowling there...I remember last year when India toured Aus,B Lee was bowling short pitch stuff Tendulkar played few upper cuts/guiding shots which went above keeper's head for 4's (beautifully played,he is a short man but executed well),SA should be ready to face chin music as Lee is in form (he took 4 wickets last inngs,S Clarke is also bowling well)this series will be quite envenly balanced comapred to SA vs NZ...

I wonder how our selectors will pick the side. To go for the spinner or Watson at 6 instead of Roy which means we don't have to worry about no spinner as we get 4 pacemen.

Australian cricket captain Ricky Ponting has backed all-rounders Andrew Symonds and Shane Watson to fire at the WACA during the contest against South Africa, which begins from December 17.Ricky Ponting has warned his team to step up for a heavyweight bout against South Africa later this month.He said:"We have to play at our optimum and there's no hiding that fact. Right through India we were a long way below our best and we were a bit off our best in Brisbane. We've taken a step closer here. We know the South Africans are a well-balanced side who have a really good fast bowling attack and five of their batters are in the top 10 run-scorers for 2008

Punter backs symonds-and Watson to combine on WACA track.html
Aussies need to be ready for heavyweight bout with Proteas

Waiting eagerly till 17th Dec...That will be really a cracker of a game...Aus is tough side at home to defeat ,not many teams could do it (India did it,but they didnt win series),SA is a good team...Lets hope it wouldnt be a whitewash..

Well I've said it before and I'll say it again, time to move on from the all rounders and select our best 5 or 6 bats and our best 4 or 5 bowlers, depending on the pitch (plus a keeper).

Drop Symonds, who is clearly struggling mentally and physically, failing with the bat and barely bowling. Bring in Dave Hussey, Hodge, North or Pomersbach or Siddle or Krejza.

That's my opinion.

There are growing calls for North to become the obligatory batsman who spins.:rolleyes:

I'm sure Symonds will play, which is not to say that he should.

It seems likely that Siddle or Watson would be favoured for Perth, but selectors are inundated with pace options right now. I'd actually feel that Siddle is the worst option right now, because he's the most starved of match practice.

I personally feel Symmo should play,because he is an all rounder,he fields very well,saves runs,takes difficult cathces,though he didnt gtot runs against NZ,he will come back in SA series(hoepfully).

I would like to know about these players if at you know what exactly happened and why are and were not seleted for India tour

1:N Braken (had exceelent series and was Man of the Series against India in ODI's)
2: D Hussey

Both these players were last time seen playing against BD in Aus in around sep.

I would like to know about these players if at you know what exactly happened and why are and were not seleted for India tour

1:N Braken (had exceelent series and was Man of the Series against India in ODI's)
2: D Hussey

Both these players were last time seen playing against BD in Aus in around sep.

Interesting question,would like to know what has actually happened,even i remember both playing vs BD, Braken is a good bowler...

Bracken's never been a Test bowler for Australia, he's had a few goes but has never managed to cement a place and lacks the wicket taking ability that he possesses in ODi cricket. As for Dave Hussey, I imagine he'll get a go sooner rather than later, and I'd say he's probably the next in line for a spot, that spot looking most likely to be Symonds'.

Stats from 2000 onwards between Aus and SA

2001-02 in Australia
Tests: Australia 3 South Africa 0
ODIs: Australia 3 South Africa 1

2001-02 in South Africa
Tests: South Africa 1 Australia 2
ODIs: South Africa 1 Australia 5 Tied 1

2005-06 in Australia
Tests: Australia 2 South Africa 0 Drawn 1
ODIs: Australia 6 South Africa 3

2005-06 in South Africa
Tests: South Africa 0 Australia 3
ODIs South Africa 3 Australia 2

Aus always dominated in every form (Test,ODI's)of game.

nikhil_99 added 1 Minutes and 11 Seconds later...

Bracken's never been a Test bowler for Australia, he's had a few goes but has never managed to cement a place and lacks the wicket taking ability that he possesses in ODi cricket. As for Dave Hussey, I imagine he'll get a go sooner rather than later, and I'd say he's probably the next in line for a spot, that spot looking most likely to be Symonds'.

Got it..Thanks dude..

I wonder how our selectors will pick the side. To go for the spinner or Watson at 6 instead of Roy which means we don't have to worry about no spinner as we get 4 pacemen.

They won't drop Roy. Playing Watson (#6) and Krejza would be the best option IMO but it wont happen so not much point talking about it. I have a strong feeling that the selectors would play both Symonds and Watson. Its just a battle between Watson/Krejza/Siddle for the 4th bowling spot.

Hayden
Katich
Ponting
Hussey
Clarke
Symonds
Watson
Haddin
Lee
Johnson
Clark

On paper that looks like a very strong batting line up. Haddin at #8 (after scoring 169) and Johnson at # 10 :eek: It didn't really work out that well for us in the first test against kiwis though.

You wanna go in test match with 3 bowlers. :p

Users who are viewing this thread