South Africa in Australia Dec 2008-Jan 2009

Yes, Ponting really does need to play a captains knock. Clarke played a very stupid shot to get out and something we did not need. As vice-captain you really would expect better and he knew it. Symonds just isn't that good a batter to tell the truth, his defence is woeful. Haddin needs to stick around and really step up. If he can pull of a really big partnership here with Punter it would really mark his spot as an international all-rounder.

How close was that, a lick of paint away from an edge. :upray

Yes, Ponting really does need to play a captains knock. Clarke played a very stupid shot to get out and something we did not need. As vice-captain you really would expect better and he knew it. Symonds just isn't that good a batter to tell the truth, his defence is woeful. Haddin needs to stick around and really step up. If he can pull of a really big partnership here with Punter it would really mark his spot as an international all-rounder.

Basically everything you just said seemed as though you forged it from all our posts. :p but i guess it is true. We ___Australia are under heaps of pressure. They need superman.

Well seems Clarke got out I stopped the sarcastic praising posts of him and just posted what I had been thinking for a while, and it seems everyone else was thinking it too :p

Haddin looking rather solid though, the Aussies need a Duminy/Steyn esque counter attacking partnership here.

Fantastic shot from Haddin, right over the bowlers head and all the way. Great work

punterpupnroy added 10 Minutes and 10 Seconds later...

Haddin GONE! Edged to Kallis, Thats it i reckon it is 100 percent out of the Aussies reach now.

Wasn't a silly shot by Clarke, definitely there to hit just poor execution. Symonds though geez his technique is poor. And those thinking our batting is fine with the all rounder well see the scoreboard. It's all good getting 20 wickets but if you can't make a defenable total then the result will be the same.

aussie1st added 0 Minutes and 50 Seconds later...

Hmmm we have too many batters that want to throw their wicket away, maybe it's time to throw them away until they get some sense back into their batting. :rolleyes:

I think it was silly, he tried to play it too straight and it bounced a fair bit IIRC (I only saw a glimpse of it)

Wow, Bingas come out to bat. Good on him.

C'mon Binga, you courages fella. Get us some runs mate.:D We need the lead over 200, i'd be happy with 220 with the position we are in now.

SA one step closer to a defining moment in cricket history.

It will be a begining of a new era if SA wins the series. I think this will be Australia's first home series loss since 1993.

and Ntini the workhorse gets the wicket. got to love this guy, always bowled behind Pollock now Steyn and just keeps working.

BINGA! The french cut for 4. He is in sublime touch, a double hundred beckons for him. :p, Not to mention Punters triple. :D And our grand;)

Aus have lost it...They will loose series at home..they might get out today on 4th day itself,tehre are still 38 overs to go,cant expect from lower order or tail to get big score,when top order has failed cant blame or expect from lower order or tail enders...

I think it was silly, he tried to play it too straight and it bounced a fair bit IIRC (I only saw a glimpse of it)

Wow, Bingas come out to bat. Good on him.

He was going for the cut shot, right shot just poor placement. It was Steyn worst ball he bowled all day. Very much Johnson like with a poor ball getting a wicket.

Users who are viewing this thread