South Africa in Australia Dec 2008-Jan 2009

Punter on 87*. He can not afford to get out before tea. Just needs to survive this over. If he gets a few runs along the way all the better. The aussies cant afford to lose another wicket.

punterpupnroy added 0 Minutes and 55 Seconds later...

Well, Lee is gone, Bowled, I am shocked. Its all over. WAA

Great ball Kallis. That was really good stuff. It was a bit short for the drive imo, but Kallis did put it in the corridor of uncertainty and nipped it back.

If Australia do lose this game, it`ll be their 8th straight test match where they have gone without a win(if we leave out games against NZ and WIN for a moment).So it is really alarming.

I would love the Aussies to get to a total of 200-220 and then see what the pressure could do.It is really funny how teams could cakewalk 400-run targets but might struggle to get to 220 if the bowling is spirited.The Aussies, you have some support from me now!

I want this series to be alive,come the New Year test at the SCG.

aditya123 added 1 Minutes and 2 Seconds later...

Why would we leave out games against NZ and WI?

They are not in the best of health at the moment and are just a tier above the Bangladeshis and Zims.However, I might add that the West Indians have a good pace-attack which lacks consistency.If you remember, Australia were actually run very clos by the West Indians in a mammoth 480-odd run chase in the 3rd test in the Caribbean.Even the first test there was pretty close with Australia in quite a soup at 17/5 before Haddin and Symonds rescued them.
So,the Aussies have been quite scratchy all through the year.

Last edited:
I like to see Watson in for Symonds but after another poor batting performance maybe David Hussey is the answer.

Punter showing lot of guts , can't say the same about few others. Anyway we just need to fight to the last ball. SA attack is quality though , its hard to see any other result than a Saffer win.

Mr.Cricket added 1 Minutes and 26 Seconds later...

If Australia do lose this game, it`ll be their 8th straight test match where they have gone without a win(if we leave out games against NZ and WIN for a moment).So it is really alarming.

all 8 games against India and SA I think. 2 very good teams in good form.....

They are not in the best of health at the moment and are just a tier above the Bangladeshis and Zims.

So what? We were away for the West Indies tour and that was at the end of a very very hectic schedule. Then against NZ we were back after a tour of India which went wrong in every way imaginable. We were in all sorts but we pulled ourselves together and played very good. I think New Zealand showed enough evidence to prove they are a fairly decent team too.

Midge has to protect his wicket as well as hitting runs. Oh and not to mention nursing Ponting to 100+. Very pivotal time in the match now.

So what? We were away for the West Indies tour and that was at the end of a very very hectic schedule. Then against NZ we were back after a tour of India which went wrong in every way imaginable. We were in all sorts but we pulled ourselves together and played very good. I think New Zealand showed enough evidence to prove they are a fairly decent team too.

In all fairness to NZ, they could`ve won at the GABBA had they put up a better batting effort.

Last edited:
We should have realised our batting was in trouble, carrying Hayden certainly hasn't help us. And Symonds being too inconsistent has left us in all sorts. Sadly it's going to cost us a second series this year.

In all fairness to NZ, they should`ve won at the GABBA had they put up a better batting effort.

They could have won you mean, then again they could have invented youth syrum and had players of old playing in their prime as well.

If you want to persue this sort of rubbish statement then you can also say that had Australia put up a better batting effort in the first test and scored 500+ then the Saffies would have fallen a heap.

We didn't and they played as well as they could or were allowed and lost.

Further on those lines I could say that if India exhibited better sporting qualities in Australia last year then we wouldn't have the enmity that is felt between the teams but they didn't and we do.

Suddenly what happened :eek: we are 7 down.......... and people wonder about BT Collaspe :mad:

They are not in the best of health at the moment and are just a tier above the Bangladeshis and Zims.However, I might add that the West Indians have a good pace-attack which lacks consistency.If you remember, Australia were actually run very clos by the West Indians in a mammoth 480-odd run chase in the 3rd test in the Caribbean.Even the first test there was pretty close with Australia in quite a soup at 17/5 before Haddin and Symonds rescued them.
So,the Aussies have been quite scratchy all through the year.

I hope you are talking about a large tier aditya.

They could have won you mean, then again they could have invented youth syrum and had players of old playing in their prime as well.

If you want to persue this sort of rubbish statement then you can also say that had Australia put up a better batting effort in the first test and scored 500+ then the Saffies would have fallen a heap.

We didn't and they played as well as they could or were allowed and lost.

Further on those lines I could say that if India exhibited better sporting qualities in Australia last year then we wouldn't have the enmity that is felt between the teams but they didn't and we do.

Sorry, it should`ve been could and not should.Missed it.Now corrected.

Users who are viewing this thread