South Africa in Australia Dec 2008-Jan 2009

Adding to injury concerns over Harris, Smith, Steyn and Morkel, Boucher has also hurt his ankle.

All of Steyn,Morkel,Harris and Smith played in the warmup game today. There's no injury worries concerning them.

If bouch can't play then ab keeps and duminy plays.

Pretty good bowling performance by SA, Harris getting a few wickets but looks like Heal was taking to him. Heal himself is certainly showing he can hit the ball, backed up a good perfromace before with a quick fire 60 odd today.

Just heard Clark is out of the first test. Looks like this will be it:

Lee
Siddle
Johnson
Watson/Krejza

Need to be begging for mercy

All of Steyn,Morkel,Harris and Smith played in the warmup game today. There's no injury worries concerning them.

If bouch can't play then ab keeps and duminy plays.
Elbows and hamstrings especially, are injuries that can return to haunt a player if he tries to play through them too soon. They're not hard to re-aggravate and in the case of a hamstring, mere soreness can become a tear.

Elbows and hamstrings especially, are injuries that can return to haunt a player if he tries to play through them too soon. They're not hard to re-aggravate and in the case of a hamstring, mere soreness can become a tear.

Yes but facts are as of today they are fit to play the test starting on Wednesday. If they were serious doubts they wouldn't have been risked in a warmup game.

Just heard Clark is out of the first test. Looks like this will be it:

Lee
Siddle
Johnson
Watson/Krejza

Need to be begging for mercy

I reckon it will be more like Siddle/Watson as Krejza is certain to have a spot just depends on his fitness. Wouldn't surprise me if Watson got the nod too since the selectors seem to love him and in particular playing him at 8.

Clark is a good bowler,he is somewhat similar to G McGrath,lets hope he gets back into action soon,this is a big series,both the teams have potential...Aus though i feel have home adv and also its very difficult to beat them at home...

Clarke destroyed South Africa in his first series so, this is great news. the Australian attack really doesn't look scary without Clarke, Lee and Johnson to open then nothing devastating afterwards.

I've seen it all before, South Africa thinking this is their time, this will be the series they will beat Australia, this will be their World Cup.

I fear it is more false hope, and listing all the reasons why they think they have a chance is as much to convince themselves as anyone else.

That said, I am excited to see how Steyn goes, though I don't expect much from the other bowlers, I'm expecting Australia to bat South Africa out of the contest in a high scoring series and win 1-0.

I've seen it all before, South Africa thinking this is their time, this will be the series they will beat Australia, this will be their World Cup.

I fear it is more false hope, and listing all the reasons why they think they have a chance is as much to convince themselves as anyone else.

That said, I am excited to see how Steyn goes, though I don't expect much from the other bowlers, I'm expecting Australia to bat South Africa out of the contest in a high scoring series and win 1-0.

The difference this time is that Australia have recently lost badly in India, unlike any loss before and their team has lost too many world class players. None of the Aussie batsman are on form unlike in the last tour where Ponting was in the form of his life.

You can't may you prediction on what happened in the past, their very different teams. In the past they had 2 of the best bowlers in history but now the attack looks rubbish. Johnson is nothing special, Lee is probably the only really dangerous bowler and they have no Warne, he made the difference.

You compare how the teams did in India, one of the hardest places to play, South Africa drew while Australia got killed. A world cup is a different story, it involves many teams and so many different pitches and teams will be amazing days and be crap on others.

I have never remembered South Africa so confident about their chance in Australia like now. Australia are not the same team they were.

Inbox was spot on Siddle is definitely playing which begs the question why was Watson in the 12 originally if hes not even next in line to play.

Difference between all of those other times is that australia don't have mcgrath and warne to bring SA back to earth. We lost because of how great mcgrath and warne were.

This SA is also a lot better than any previous since readmission. Perhaps the 1993/1994 team comes close but a lot of the batsmen in that side weren't in their prime any more while with this team most of the batters are at the top of their game. The only thing this side is missing is a world class spin bowler.

Its going to be interesting. I certainly can't wait for wednesday.

Last edited:
Well Australia and SOuth Africa both have a C in common...

Australia=Champs
SOuth Africa=Chokers

Hmmm, quite a knowledgable assessment....:P

Users who are viewing this thread