South Africa in England

No, fully expected him to bowl well - you don't be top wicket taker of CC Division One by bowling tripe. There's just not much to say as South Africa canter along to 45/0 off 15.

Now certainly that catch would have made difference in the game.
South Africa batting so smoothly,England need break through.

Cook has been late just 55 balls and thus it was Smith. Anyway good at least South Africa one down before the Lunch.
How amazingly every time We rely on Flintoff when We need wickets?

Now that is a bowler on form! 93mph!

Hat-trick ball here we go!

Oh jimmy you little beauty, swinging both ways then bam, the fast late in swinger.

And Lee is always telling me that pace doesn't matter:rolleyes:

Top stuff from Harmison. Really has gone through the system well. Lost form, was dropped, went back to Division One, became top wicket taker and here he is. He is showing the value of variety to the attack.

What a day this has been, we have gone from being depressed at 105-1, to being over the moon at 109-4, Harmy what a Yoker that was as well!

England bowled well first session, its nothing short of a miracle that we didn't take lots of wickets first up.

And Lee is always telling me that pace doesn't matter:rolleyes:

Top stuff from Harmison. Really has gone through the system well. Lost form, was dropped, went back to Division One, became top wicket taker and here he is. He is showing the value of variety to the attack.
Harmison at The Oval I didn't consider to be a big risk and I don't think that was the overwhelming sentiment. However, I think the other general concern remains valid. Can you take this man on tour in 4 months? Can England finally make a conqueror out of Harmison?

I wouldn't call poor catching and wasting 7 overs (0/33) a miracle;).

Well, to be fair that was first ball and Cook was probably expecting him to leave it. Also, there was many stoppages in the first session. Smith got his love spuds smacked, then ambrose wore one on the teeth, then people kept standing around behind the bowlers arm.

So yes, nothing short of a miracle, Smith's love spuds, or Ambrose's nashers.

Users who are viewing this thread