South Africa in England

We're buggered.

Giggity Giggity added 0 Minutes and 46 Seconds later...

James Anderson to open the innings I reckon.

Englands team should be.

1.Cook
2.Strauss
3.Pietersen
4 Bell
5 Shah
6.Flintoff
7.J.Foster
8. J.Anderson
9.Sidebottom
10.S.Jones
11. Panesar

Drop Broad
Drop Vaughan

Is it just me or does the weather never save england? (im really clutching at straws now).

We got this game in the bag final pair to put on 300 and bowl them out of 11 overs. Come on!!

You are forgetting this is only Day 4. If we batted out all of today, we would have to do it tomorrow as well!

On the subject of teams for the next Test, I've changed mine slightly:

1. Andrew Strauss
2. Alastair Cook
3. Owais Shah
4. Kevin Pietersen
5. Ian Bell
6. Michael Vaughan (captain)
7. Andrew Flintoff
8. Chris Read (wicketkeeper)
9. Ryan Sidebottom
10. James Anderson
11. Monty Panesar

When will Broad get out...

I want my money from vBookie :D

zMario added 0 Minutes and 45 Seconds later...

On the subject of teams for the next Test, I've changed mine slightly:

1. Andrew Strauss
2. Alastair Cook
3. Owais Shah
4. Kevin Pietersen
5. Ian Bell
6. Michael Vaughan (captain)
7. Andrew Flintoff
8. Chris Read (wicketkeeper)
9. Ryan Sidebottom
10. James Anderson
11. Monty Panesar
Exactly how are you going to manage to bowl a team out with 4 bowlers on a pitch similar to the one we've seen in this test and in the Lord's test?

And KP doesn't count as a bowler...

Eng Team for 3rd Test ideas..?

Cook, Strauss, Vaughan, KP, Bell, Flintoff, Ambrosia, Anderson, S. Jones, Sidebottom, Panesar

:rolleyes:

I will say it again. Read is the best wicketkeeper, statistically, that England has. As in, he gives away fewer runs than any other keeper in the country. His batting is better than it used to be too, averaging 49.00 for 5 consecutive county seasons.

You been reading the Wisden as well then Lee? :p

My Team for the Next Test would be:

1) Cook
2) Strauss
3) Bell
4) KP
5) Shah
6) Flintoff
7) Foster
8) Broad
9) Sidebottom
10) Anderson
11) Panesar

Good on you Broady our only hope now living up to his name. Come on now!

My opening pair for 3rd test, Broady and Jimmy Anderson, Vaughan and Strauss to bat at 8 and 9

I will say it again. Read is the best wicketkeeper, statistically, that England has. As in, he gives away fewer runs than any other keeper in the country. His batting is better than it used to be too, averaging 49.00 for 5 consecutive county seasons.

Will you give over with the bloody stats? He's had his chance for England. He's just not good enough as a batsman at Test level and like it or not, that's what plays a big part in our selectors' decisions on which wicketkeepers to play.

As for the next Test I do feel we have to be ruthless and drop Broad and Pattinson. I'm quite happy with Ambrose in the Test team but if this series has taught us anything so far it's that Stuart Broad is not quite ready for Test cricket against the best teams. I think it's time we welcomed back Simon Jones or give the desperately unlucky Tremlett a deserved chance.

evertonfan added 0 Minutes and 45 Seconds later...

You can't drop Broad, he's your middle order!

Yeah, I say we can get away with playing him as batsman.

Users who are viewing this thread