South Africa in England

Pietersen as captain, i'd love it, but its a big no-no.

Simbazz added 2 Minutes and 19 Seconds later...

Oh and on the Flintoff as pure bowler arguement, his ankle wouldn't stand the extra overs. Well it wouldn't stand for long anyways.

Is the saffas match vs bangla A really necessary? surely they would be better off playing a county team?

Probably not, but they're touring so why not :p

And Steyn unable to play is a great thing! Those nasty spitting bouncers will not be a worry, but instead a nasty spitting Nel will!

Morkal in my opinion has the greater threat as you don't quite know what to expect from him!

Morkel has been the better bowler and Ntini returned to form in the last Test so out of the 3 quickies, he was probably the least threatening. Then again, he is one of the best fast bowlers in the world, so :p

I think england should sort with bowler and batman

Batman
England should have properly six batman , i think get rid of Michael Vaughan because he not have runs any i will bring shah, Cook he is a excellent batman but he not yet got his hundred since December so he need prove get lot of hundreds. Kevin pietersen need not throw his wickets and Ian bell, he is a fine player but i think so something his mental not good

all rounder

I have no problem with Andrew Flintoff and good see he is back in england team , i not sure about PaBroad a lot people say he is allrounder but i think he is , he will star player of future but now i think he needs rest his bowler and he look so tired !

Wicketkeeper

I see a lot people moan about wicketkeeper all time ! i think Tim Ambrose is right man for england because his keeper is excellent and batting is not bad but people is not happy with his batting so i disagree fact his batting average is 30 same as mark Boucher batting average is 30 what different about batting average but most important catch wickets

Bowler

I think this is lot problem with bowler ,Fact they lost three player of ashes Steve Harmison, Simon Jones and Matthew Hoggard so i think their reason england not pick them first Steve Harmison get well player with his bowler but i think england not pick him because they think Steve Harmison mental is not right and can mess up bowler in match , Second Simon Jones he is excellent bowler and get player really well and england not picked him reason is his fittness and they want make sure Simon Jones fitness is 100% and Third Matthew Hoggard he really good bowler and i think real reason england not picked him because his bowler is drop pace down and not get lot wickets. I will bring Steve Harmison and simon Jones and pattinson and broad is out. Anderson is excellent bowler in this series

Next Week England Team

Cook
Strauss
Vaughan (but i want Shah bat at no3)
Pietersen
Bell
Ambrose
Flintoff
Sidebottom
Harmison
Anderson
Pansar/Jones

Last edited:
England squad (probable) Andrew Strauss, Alastair Cook, Michael Vaughan (capt), Kevin Pietersen, Ian Bell, Paul Collingwood, Tim Ambrose (wk), Andrew Flintoff, Stuart Broad, Ryan Sidebottom, James Anderson, Monty Panesar, Steve Harmison.

It is not yet announced but the above seems pretty much to be the squad and that is without Simon Jones, so guys pick 11 from the above.

Strauss (C)
Cook
Bell
Pietersen
Collingwood
Geriant Jones
Flintoff <<< (that way less pressure in his batting and more wickets :D)
Dalrymple (Good bastsman, would shrink the tail - always rated his bowling)
Broad / Sidebottom (whose fit?)
S. Jones
J. Anderson

Some contreversial choices - ill let you do the rest :cheers

Yeah I think an injury to Morkel would have been more damaging than one to Steyn with the way the series is going. But still a big boost for England, I'd go for Jones, but can't see that happening (I mean Simon btw, not Geraint:p).

Dalrymple, if he's back in the England set-up, i'll go support Australia.

My team would be; (Injuries and Mental problems aside)

Trescothick/Strauss
Cook
Shah/Bopara/Vaughan
Pietersen
Bell/Collingwood
Flintoff/Swann (I know but I'd really like to see Swann in a test shirt)
Prior
Broad/Hoggard
Sidebottom/Jones
Panesar/Rashid/Mushy (Not right but he's a class bowler)
Anderson/Harmison

In real living land it'll be more like;

Strauss
Cook
Vaughan
Pietersen
Bell
Ambrose
Flintoff
Broad
Sidebottom
Anderson
Panesar,

I'd like to see Shah in for Vaughan though.

Dalrymple, if he's back in the England set-up, i'll go support Australia.

My team would be; (Injuries and Mental problems aside)

Trescothick/Strauss
Cook
Shah/Bopara/Vaughan
Pietersen
Bell/Collingwood
Flintoff/Swann (I know but I'd really like to see Swann in a test shirt)
Prior
Broad/Hoggard
Sidebottom/Jones
Panesar/Rashid/Mushy (Not right but he's a class bowler)
Anderson/Harmison

In real living land it'll be more like;

Strauss
Cook
Vaughan
Pietersen
Bell
Ambrose
Flintoff
Broad
Sidebottom
Anderson
Panesar,

I'd like to see Shah in for Vaughan though.

Swann 'll do the job to. With all due respect, Panesar's batting and fielding are not up to terst level, as where Swann's are

Give him a go

Well with Steyn out of the picture, England should not feel too much that they have an edge, history has shown that Ntini gets better after every test in a series, and there is Nel, up and in your face, not with the same pace of Steyn, and there is also Zondeki, he too is quick and can deliver the goods, he was the leading wicket taker in SA domestic cricket 2007/2008, so it will be interesting to see how the both preform in the current match against Bangaldesh A.

But He's Monty! You cant drop the most loved person in test cricket!

Come on to be fair Monty is probably one of the most hard working cricketers in the England set up and even kind of maybe looks like a bit of a batsmen and his fielding has improved!

Users who are viewing this thread