South Africa in England

Carlsberg don't do ideal situations for Paul Collingwood to prove his doubters wrong with, but if they did...

Nel is a good bowler but hes just very annoying, theres no need for that aggression imo. I hate it when Sidebottom does it aswell when he throws the ball back.

Nel is a good bowler but hes just very annoying, theres no need for that aggression imo. I hate it when Sidebottom does it aswell when he throws the ball back.

I love it. They are working bloody hard out there while we sit on our back sides and question their actions.

And thats why Collingwood is a disgrace in an England shirt at the moment....

Nel is sooo funny! Keep him in!

Is it just me that loves the way freddie walks in without a helmet on?

So are people happy with collingwood now? For god sake we have worse selctors than the BCCI

If you are talking about what output is needed to bat three, then why not take his averages at three?
Last 12 months: 269 at 29.44
Last 2 years: 758 at 44.58
Last 3 years: 1087 at 41.80
Last 4 years: 1258 at 41.93
Last 5 years: 1258 at 41.93 (Didn't bat at three five years ago)

Hmmm...
Well what is the point in that? He scored most of his hundreds as an opener. If he can't handle the new ball any more, he shouldn't be at 3 and if he only score runs on unsporting pitches, they should be considering who can actually win them a few games.

Hussain just made a good point about Collingwood and Bell, Collingwood when he is out of form he moves early, the bat is far away from the body, and he has a closed face of the bat.

When he was out, he moved early, and closed the face of his bat.

He needs to go back to county cricket and get a big score, look at Bell, 3 games ago he was out of form, went to county cricket, got 200, and look at him now...

Nice innings from Bell, but he needs a hundred, for him and England. 300 looks hopeful at this point, but it's swinging a bit and if it's cloudy tommorow Sidebottom and Jimmy are in. If not, Flintoff is good at prising wickets out. 50 from him now wouldn't go a miss either.

haaaa! Another one gone! Weldone Maka! lol So much for not needing Broad's batting anymore...Who knows, maybe we're gonna see England bowled out on the first day again...thats where my money's at. Repeat of 2nd test...rack up big score in first innings and then all the ooh's and aah's about Panesar flies out the window when England tries to save the match and series in 2nd inns...

Last edited:
Lame shot by Ambrose, he fought for 1hr15, for just 22.

If we can somehow fight to 300 we will have some chance. I do think this pitch will suit our bowlers though.

*runs to check tomorrows forecast

The forecast for the next 4 days is quite poor.

Cook and Bell did very well. But the former needs to convert 60s/70s into big 100s. Not scored over 130 iirc. Collingwood was poor, but then he shouldn't be in the team anyway. Vaughan has been in poor form throughout the last 4 series (Sri Lanka away, NZ Home and away and this series), averaging roughly 28. He needs to find form, though.

Strauss just gave his wicket away. I'm still not convinced by him. There are better English openers.

Seems like they will be in tonight.

Last run out was ridiculous, could of just not ran, Flintoff could of added another 20 which could of been useful. Flintoff showing some form with the bat though which is promising, the drive past Ntini was quality :cool:

What was good about Flintoff today was that near enough every ball he hit came off the middle. It's a shame that promising innings came to an abrupt end though. Ah well, still time to nip out 1 2 or 3 of there batsmen tonight. Come on England.

Users who are viewing this thread