South Africa in India

Predict the result of this ODI series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
16cric5.jpg

:) Yes, The Man of the Match - Yuvraj Singh did it again! - 103 runs of 122 balls 10 fours 3 sixes 84.43

16cric4.jpg

Irfan Pathan scored 46 runs of 63 balls and hit 6 fours :( But his bowling wasn't really good.

55525.jpg

I thought we were out around 200 runs until Harbhajan Singh (Our Afirdi :D) started some fireworks, scored 37 runs from just 17 balls (217.65) Not Out. Hit four boundaries and two sixes in just three overs with the total result of 249 for 9. Maybe he's our next all-rounder? ;) He took 1 wicket, bowled 10 overs and just got scored 35 runs (3.50). Which is good :).

Our top order and our bowlers failed miserably - Which was the reason we lost :(

:happy South Africa may have won the "BATTLE" but they didn't won the "WAR" ;)

Pics from Cric Info www.cricinfo.com

Big_Boss said:

Wow!! That was a fantastic phrase! Aptly sums up the mood of the Indian fans! Well done!

Our bowling wasnt too bad today! We were just a bowler short! Today one of our bowlers had a off day (Pathan!) and couple that with the loss of Murali Kartik and we couldnt finish off the South Africans! RP Singh, Agarkar and Harbhajan bowled splendidly today as usual.

RP Singh : 1-18 (7 overs)
Agarkar : 2-55
H.Singh : 1-32 (10 overs)

Last edited:
Big_Boss said:

cool phrase there bro ! :cool:

INDIA off spinner Harbhajan Singh has been fined 25 per cent of his match fee for violating the players' code of conduct during the five-wicket loss to South Africa.

The bowler was summoned for a hearing by match referee Jeff Crowe after being reported by the umpires for pointing South African batsman Ashwell Prince towards the pavilion after dismissing him.

Crowe said that Harbhajan had pleaded guilty to the offence which carried a maximum penalty of 50 per cent of his match fee.

"He was very apologetic immediately after the event to the umpires and later to the batsman," said Crowe.

Whoaaah !!! :eek:

i think Andre Nel Should be Fined as well. he was taunting / provoking almost every player that he bowled.

no worries, we'll see you at banglore ! Go india Go !

btw,did anyone hear smith shouting "c'mon boys, c'mon. we'll get the big boy out" when tendulkar was at the crease ? :p

Last edited:
About time SA got their sledging working. They finally stopped whining and now getting into the action.

Time for India to call out some choking tags :) as SA are appoarching the unbeaten record. Lets hope they will choke yet again. ;)

jk16_4 said:
cool phrase there bro ! :cool:

Whoaaah !!! :eek:

i think Andre Nel Should be Fined as well. he was taunting / provoking almost every player that he bowled.

no worries, we'll see you at banglore ! Go india Go !

btw,did anyone hear smith shouting "c'mon boys, c'mon. we'll get the big boy out" when tendulkar was at the crease ? :p

yep, i heard that.... was talking abt it to my friends too..... i am sure tendulkar might have heard that too...

will his bat talk big in the next game to shut smith up?

what should be the indian team for the next match? cant wait for the next game... my mind is thirsting for an Indian victory!

Last edited:
Hello Everybody here. Well SA had done a great job. No doubt about it. The only problem was that India didn't perform is bowling. Otherwise if they had perform then Indians would have won it easily. But Dravid din't do it right he should not put part time bowlers they got expensive run. And I didn't see Kartik bowl in this match. Did he bowl in this match? I am not sure about. Anyway I just hope India wins the next game. Can't wait for the next game. And I hope the top order doesn't fail just like what happen in 1st ODI. Gambhir should come in opening and shewag as i down.Gambhir always perform in opening.

Last edited:
vibs89 said:
Hello Everybody here. Well SA had done a great job. No doubt about it. The only problem was that India didn't perform is bowling. Otherwise if they had perform then Indians would have won it easily. But Dravid din't do it right he should not put part time bowlers they got expensive run. And I didn't see Kartik bowl in this match. Did he bowl in this match? I am not sure about. Anyway I just hope India wins the next game. Can't wait for the next game. And I hope the top order doesn't fail just like what happen in 1st ODI. Gambhir should come in opening and shewag as i down.Gambhir always perform in opening.

I agree! Gambhir is more sensible than Sehwag and doesnt play too much in the air like Sehwag! If he opens with Tendulkar, we can have somewhat of a dependable partnership against the discplined bowling of the South Africans! But anyways, Sehwag will open again next match with Tendulkar coz we need Raina for Gambhir!

Murali Kartik was super subbed for Gambhir early in India's innings when the Indian top order collapsed! So Murali Kartik couldnt take part in the rest of the match!

Its unfair if a side has a batsmen/bowler as their supersub. But I like the tactical side of things where you have to decided whether it is worth risking a lowish total for a bowler or lose a bowler in the hope for a bigger total.

For India the punt didn't work as Gambhir got out cheaply anyway. The same happened to the English where they too had to pick whether or not to use the supersub.

Thats the side of the supersub that I like, as it makes captains have to think about how to use their supersub. Thats how it is meant to be used.
Currently however you have to pick an all rounder as your supersub.

I think the super-sub and the powerplay rules dont work out. the good old rules still rule.

BTW, andrew. how are you? this is iniyan. Remember? From cricket2002.tk

I find the entire group out here. just need some time getting used to the forum layouts. :-)

dniniyan said:
I think the super-sub and the powerplay rules dont work out. the good old rules still rule.

BTW, andrew. how are you? this is iniyan. Remember? From cricket2002.tk
hi iniyan ! How are you . I remember you as you had made that indoor stadium patch in C2k2!

Hello and welcome back iniyian, but I think we can use the PM option for messages related to this so that the posts in this forum stick to the main topic.

Also I wonder how much closer SA would get to AUS should they win this series 5-0.

According to the Ratings Website:
South Africa currently sit in second spot on 120 points, 16 behind leaders Australia, but a clean sweep of the series against Rahul Dravid's side will lift them to 127 points and drop India, currently in seventh place on 107 points, back to 103 points.

Users who are viewing this thread