Sri Lanka in England/Netherlands

evertonfan said:
Call me a pessimist, but I can sense a 'Trent Bridge' or 'Lahore' happening all over again.

Do you mean an England win or a Sri Lanka win :p? I sense that aswell.

They also predicted rain at Lords Today and yesterday, last week.

Weather forecasts are predictions, nothing more, also incredibly hard to predict in England and are very rarely right.

I reckon we'll get enough play in tomorrow for us to hopefully wrap up this game.

Sureshot said:
They also predicted rain at Lords Today and yesterday, last week.

Weather forecasts are predictions, nothing more, also incredibly hard to predict in England and are very rarely right.

I reckon we'll get enough play in tomorrow for us to hopefully wrap up this game.

Agreed on another station it says it's only going to be light rain and only going to be for a short time. We should bowl them out at least

England will win this match in the last session of the day, and wont go off for bad light like the Sri Lankans who can only play for a draw.

Well great fight back by the Lankans. Hopefully it will rain all day on the 5th day. At least that's what I'm hoping! :p

Dilshan's wicket will be crucial for England. He is usually a fighter and has shown the goods in recent years in ODI's but not tests, perhaps this could be his time. Wouldn't write off Sri Lanka atm with Murali up their sleeves, but despite the weather, I hope and expect should win quite comfotably.

Yep, an interesing conclusion shaping up, although England obviously remain in front. Hopefully the weather doesn't destroy an ever-changing contest like this, it'll be good to see how both captains perform under the intensity of the final day atmosphere.

Very good start by SL so far. Dishlan past his 50 and SL still have 4 wickets. England need to strike soon as the guys to come can definitely bat for a while.

Flintoff dropped Kapugedara on 5, off Hoggard.

But now:

Kapugedara C Jones B Flintoff 10

405-7

Dilshan would have been better but hey if they get the 3 down the other end out then Dilshan won't factor. I can't see how SL can survive another 2 sessions though unless the weather goes crap.

That was another shocking drop in the slips.
Vaas and Dilshan can certainly put on a few (although we dropped Vaas twice in the first innings) so we're going to need another quick wicket.

Freddies first drop of the game.

Closed his hands too early.

Normally our slip catching has been superb.

aussie1st said:
Dilshan would have been better but hey if they get the 3 down the other end out then Dilshan won't factor. I can't see how SL can survive another 2 sessions though unless the weather goes crap.

No,let Dilshan stay there till the end :p

Seriously though unless the Lanka tail can bat out of their skins or the weather intervenes England should rap this up by tea.

Sureshot said:
Freddies first drop of the game.

Closed his hands too early.

Normally our slip catching has been superb.

Geez you guys dropped another? If the weather was good you guys would have nothing to worry about but given it isn't now is not the time to drop catches. Dilshan and Vass could bat for quite sometime.

Users who are viewing this thread