Sri Lanka in England/Netherlands

Bala said:
And still they won the Ashes! I wonder how! :p

Aus were even crapper with their hands ;)

Anyway this one definitely looks over, Dilshan out so bar any Ashes like near miracles this one is England's.

barmyarmy said:
I remember Shane Warne on the final day at the Oval dropping one.
Catches win matches eh?

Two, that is....( or was it someone else who dropped Pietersen- he was on 4 and 15 if I remember correctly. I think Tait was another culprit at fine leg when he was past fifty, too.)
Anyway, good resistance by Dilshan, a decent fight posted here by Sri Lanka. Still, England continue to have problems with finishing off the tail. Should be a fairily straight forward target if they can dismiss the next two quickly, though.

Last edited:
Oh no don't rain! Looks like those drop catches may cost you guys a win this time. You guys could have wrapped it up yesterday if not for drop catches. Now your destiny is with the weather Gods.

We will still win this match, rain will go away during the hour break for rain and lunch, then last pair will be removed leaving the batsmen to lead us to victory.

James219 said:
Two, that is....( or was it someone else who dropped Pietersen- he was on 4 and 15 if I remember correctly. I think Tait was another culprit at fine leg when he was past fifty, too.)
Think that was one of the mnay 6's he hit during the day and Tait ended up over the advertising boards along with the ball.

aussie1st said:
Oh no don't rain! Looks like those drop catches may cost you guys a win this time. You guys could have wrapped it up yesterday if not for drop catches. Now your destiny is with the weather Gods.

Funny how times have changed, I remember well the days that as England fans rain was our 12th man, and a darn sight better than most of our players at saving matches. These days it just gets in the way.

puddleduck said:
Funny how times have changed, I remember well the days that as England fans rain was our 12th man, and a darn sight better than most of our players at saving matches. These days it just gets in the way.

Well the ICC's crazy new regs on overs not being allowed to be made up beyond a certain time certainly don't help either.

Lol - I am sure all the Sri Lankan fans will be saying they are brilliant regs.

I personally agree with the new ICC regulations.

I was saying the same thing in India, and last night to a few mates, but Freddy is far too defensive as a captain. If you're going to bowl short to lower batsman why does he not have a short leg or silly point? The batsman can just fend off without any risk of popping the ball up. Noone seems to bring it up I think because it's Freddy.

As I type this, another dropped catch, getting ridiculous now. That's somewhere around 8-10 in the match, of which at least 6-7 of them have been regulation catches.

This is a situation where I think Freddie's captaincy is weak.
He definitely should have had a silly point in an over or two ago and he just refuses to bowl Panesar for some reason.

And down goes catch number 10! We've effectively given them 3 innings now.

edit - same time and same points as puddleduck. Great minds think alike!

barmyarmy said:
This is a situation where I think Freddie's captaincy is weak.
He definitely should have had a silly point in an over or two ago and he just refuses to bowl Panesar for some reason.

And down goes catch number 10! We've effectively given them 3 innings now.

lol Barmy talk about "great minds think alike" Posted at the same time too :D

Users who are viewing this thread