Sri Lanka in England/Netherlands

It'll lighten up again, they've taken early tea anyway so if they get on at 3;30 we'll have lost no play,

We'll need to bat again inevitably.

Unless of course they get the 5 wickets for less than the 20 runs that Sri Lanka trail by, which is very unlikely.

Jayawardene has done very well indeed in leading out his team after the follow-on.

Sri Lanka has done well so far in the second innings, but they still trail with 20 runs. England's attack doesn't look that threatening like yesterday.

Victory or draw for England depends on when they will get Jayawardene.

It's again bad light and Sri Lanka are 10 runs ahead. It will be a great escape if Sri Lanka managed to get a draw.

I've said it once before and I'll say it again. When the going gets tough Freddie seems to always go immediately on the defensive as a captain. He rarely seems to attack.

England really need a wicket if play resumes or I feel Sri Lanka have a realistic chance to draw this match.
Well Played Sri Lanka and Jayawardene.

Whant an intriguingly poised test match. Any one of three results are possible. Panesar could play a huge role tomorrow and so could Murali. England need the early wicket of Dilshan tomorrow. Took a bit off Simon Hughes

England-67%
Sri Lanka-12%
Draw-21%

If England bowl out Sri Lanka within the first session england should win, chasing around 150 with 2 sessions left. Although 150 will be tough on a day 5 pitch with Murali bowling I would still expect England to win. Depends on how long Sri Lanka bat IMO.

gary0808 said:
Whant an intriguingly poised test match. Any one of three results are possible. Panesar could play a huge role tomorrow and so could Murali. England need the early wicket of Dilshan tomorrow. Took a bit off Simon Hughes

England-67%
Sri Lanka-12%
Draw-21%

With the weather as it is, those seem a bit high. Predicted crap weather all over England tomorrow. I would say:

England- 40%
Draw- 50%
Sri Lanka - 10%

Call me a pessimist, but I can sense a 'Trent Bridge' or 'Lahore' happening all over again.

Plunkett bowled much better, he deserved a wicket.

I hope the weater is good tomorrow. I don't see why they don't have a reserve day for tests if there is any overs left to be bowled or if 1 day gets washed out.

Users who are viewing this thread