Sri Lanka in England/Netherlands

It's just ridiculous. We don't even look like taking wickets.
Every delivery is being met with the middle of the bat. Hard to believe these two are 9 and 10.

This is great batting by the Sri Lankan tail. If they manage to score above 200 runs they could even let try England to chase that target. Especially since Muralitharan has been well rested by now. :)

What is the highest chased target on Lord's?

We're having some harsh luck.

Plunkett and Hoggard have deserved this tail really looking dangerous but the fact is we can't take them and at the moment we're not looking like getting them out. :(

ZexyZahid said:
This is great batting by the Sri Lankan tail

I agree but England have just gifted SL this position. They've dropped enough catches over both innings to have bowled them out three times. Some real dollies as well. Frankly dismal performance from the fielders.
If I was Fletcher I'd have the England team in at 9am tomorrow doing catching practice.
89 unbeaten for the 10th wicket as they go off for tea/bad light.

Yorkshire_No1 said:
We're having some harsh luck.

It's hard luck on the bowlers but you can't say the team has been unlucky when the catching has been so shocking.

In any form of cricket 2-3 dropped catches is bad, 10 is disgraceful. Another unbelievable thing is there has been barely 5 yorkers bowled at the lower order, and as we keep mentioning the captaincy has been so defensive. Has invited Sri Lanka to bat all day instead of putting them under pressure and making them feel they are on borrowed time.

barmyarmy said:
I agree but England have just gifted SL this position. They've dropped enough catches over both innings to have bowled them out three times. Some real dollies as well. Frankly dismal performance from the fielders.
If I was Fletcher I'd have the England team in at 9am tomorrow doing catching practice.
89 unbeaten for the 10th wicket as they go off for tea/bad light.

It's hard luck on the bowlers but you can't say the team has been unlucky when the catching has been so shocking.

Yeah, I heard that about yesterday. I think about six catches were dropped yesterday from what I read from the cricinfo article. And today again one was dropped, just when I tuned in at cricinfo. :rolleyes:

But the second innings will definitely give Sri Lanka a confidence boost for the next match. And then to think that Jayasuriya is coming back. Probably for Mubarak. I would really like to see him in action. :)

RoboRocks said:
Sri Lanka are becoming favorites now and England have only themselves to blame.

I'd say the draw is the favourite.
This will be a massive psychological boost for SL going to Edgebaston.

BBC Article Highlighting the Dropped Catches

I wouldn't say Sri Lanka are favourites by any means RoboRocks, but the draw is most definately favourite now. If England nip out two wickets in quick time after tea and then get off to a flyer they can still win this with people like KP, Freddie and Tresco in their batting lineup, but it is no longer the most likely outcome.

Dilshan was out ages ago.

Kulasekara was just out plumb LBW but given not out by Rudi.

Maybe Roborocks is meaning to say Sri Lanka are favourites to win the Test series, not this match.

Since it's pretty clear this match is nearing towards a draw.

Yup, if England bowl them out right now they'll need 160 in 37 overs so it's definitely last throw of the dice now with Flintoff bowling.
I'd like some stats on the play and misses as well. What is the usual total per match and what percentage usually find the edge?

barmyarmy said:
I'd like some stats on the play and misses as well. What is the usual total per match and what percentage usually find the edge?

Yep matey I'd love to know that too, for most of yesterday and a lot of periods today so many balls have beaten the edge. Not that anyone would have held on if they had caught the edge :rolleyes:

Yay. Highest 10th wicket stand ever for Sri Lanka.
I'm caught between being angry, wanting to cry and just not giving a damn.

Users who are viewing this thread