Sri Lanka in India

Who will win the ODI's and TESTS matches?

• ODI Drawn, SL wins Test

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ODI Drawn, Test Drawn

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
saisrini80 said:
Sachin back in form is a best sight anyday!

Today I was giving flying kisses to god for making me watch Sachin bat the way he did! I am mad of Sachin! He is the best batsman in the world and would officially reclaim that spot soon if he goes on in this fashion!

Bharat, I feel Ganguly in good form and solely as a batsman is still valuable to the team! Today Sachin returned back to his old days of aggression! Dravid will almost 99% cement the Indian captaincy unless something disastrous happens! So if ganguly can contribute as a player, good for India! Give respect to the century he scored recently on a nasty green wicket against some of North's fastest bowlers!

I am sure he can still serve Indian cricket in some way!

Rao cant be replaced! He needs another chance! If Sehwag fails for the next match too, he should be dropped for Ganguly and Yadav for Kaif! Sehwag also needs to be made known that he is in the side purely as a batsman!

Good to see Tendulkar back and back with a good fifty, I hope he plays like he did the way in Sharjah 98, I think Tendulkar still got some great knocks to come. As for Ganguly he is coming back in form I too want him to play like he did in 1999-2000 I want the same aggreasive Tendulkar and Ganguly back agian, good things are happening to India now, this is the beginning!.

Thanks god Sachin is back....He played really well for his first international cricket match after injury.....Would be great if what indiangod said would become true.....and as for whom to replace its a very tough decision...lets see what happens

Feel very sorry for ZexyZahid.....he bet around 17000 for a srilankan win :p

Last edited:
India Zindabad!!! :)

Alright go ahead and flame me for being a hypocrite :mad:...but I don't care :) !!

This was a spectacular performance, beating the 2nd best ODI team in the world by 152 runs. Sri Lanka once again show how bad they can play when not on home soil.

It was a good proffesional performance by India, sri lanka had a quality bowling attack and we battered them and we shut out sri lanka with a good batting line up at 121-7, our bowling was great but I cant wait when Ganguly, Kaif, Z khan and Nhera's back.

The God is Back

and with a bang!!! Great batting by the greatest of them all...and a victory that has been elusive in recent times comes up...great batting by Pathan and Dravid too...Sri Lanka might just want to avenge this massive defeat but I think it is going to be a touch difficult than they would have thought...

and I can see that since I have been absent for a long time, Ganguly bashers have gone on rampage but then not everyone keeps an eye on Duleep Trophy matches... :p

borncricketer said:
Feel very sorry for ZexyZahid.....he bet around 17000 for a srilankan win :p

Don't worry about that. I came from 0 to about that total (16890 I think). India's misery gave me some cash during this year :cool: And since I didn't bet for a long time, I wanted to make a record cash money won on individual bet. But unluckily it went the other way.

But I will help myself again to that level, since I already started from 0.

And personally I am surprised to see Kaif isn't selected for the squad. That means he even won't play during this series. Also Zaheer Khan isn't playing for some reason. He was bowling very good during Afro-Asian Cup.

But still I am expecting that Sri Lanka will win some matches. They're a great side. Friday I hope they win the toss and bat. Just to see how they will do in these circumstances.

What a great comeback by the Indian team!! India obviously made the right decision putting Pathan at one down. Lets hope they leave him there. And what a great way for Sachin to come back, where are the people now who said Tendulkar is done for?

a great victory for india hope they keep up the tempo...
excellent stuff all over -mainly it was team play that worked and nothing else.

To Indiangod - Forget Nehra! If you noticed our fielding effort today, it was outstanding. The players plunging themselves onto the ball trying to save it, etc. Sehwag had two breathtaking saves, Harbhajan 1, Sree Santh showed great commitment at the boundary, etc. Nehra and Zaheer bring some lackadaisical attitude on the field. Ok, Zaheer can again be considered if he continues his good form in Duleep Trophy! But no Nehra again! We dont want him! Instead we should go for VRV Singh or some one better!

Kaif can avoid playing this series and be ready for the SA series!

sachinisgod - welcome back buddy! I am keeping an eye on the Duleep trophy matches! I am also expecting a few old star players like Saurav and Zaheer to come back to the side! We have now discovered the ways of winning, so these guys wont have a tough time blending into this victorious side (Friday's match notwithstanding)!

Massive victory. Sri Lanka got SMASHED! I hope they can come back from such a big defeat and make a close exciting series.

GO InDIA GO LOOK PATHAN....never new he had it in him...now hes 1 of my fav bowlers...hes turning into a good allrounder...beautiful come back from TENDULKAR...and support from dravid also helped....GO TEAM INDIA now we NEED GANGULY TO make 100...WE CAN DO THIS GO INDIA Go....look at the work chappel has done beautiful coaching

Result: India won by 152 runs
Series: India leads the 7-ODI series 1-0

Toss: India
Umpires: BF Bowden (NZ) and K Hariharan
TV Umpire: I Shivram
Match Referee: AG Hurst (Aus)
ODI Debut: S Santh (Ind).
Man of the Match: R Dravid

India innings (50 overs maximum) R M B 4 6
V Sehwag c Sangakkara b Vaas 20 32 25 4 0
SR Tendulkar c Sangakkara b Maharoof 93 149 96 9 2
IK Pathan c Jayawardene b Dilshan 83 104 70 8 4
Yuvraj Singh lbw b Dilshan 14 14 18 1 0
*R Dravid not out 85 76 63 8 1
+MS Dhoni c Jayawardene b Fernando 38 33 28 3 2
AB Agarkar run out (Atapattu) 1 3 1 0 0
Jai P Yadav not out 3 8 3 0 0
Extras (lb 5, w 4, nb 4) 13
Total (6 wickets, 50 overs, 212 mins) 350

DNB: Harbhajan Singh, Y Venugopal Rao, S Santh.

FoW: 1-41 (Sehwag, 6.5 ov), 2-205 (Pathan, 30.6 ov),
3-207 (Tendulkar, 31.2 ov), 4-247 (Yuvraj Singh, 38.5 ov),
5-316 (Dhoni, 47.2 ov), 6-319 (Agarkar, 47.5 ov).

Bowling O M R W
Vaas 9 0 67 1 (3nb, 1w)
Maharoof 10 0 82 1 (1w)
Fernando 10 0 66 1 (1nb, 1w)
Muralitharan 10 0 49 0 (1w)
Dilshan 6 0 40 2
Chandana 5 0 41 0

Sri Lanka innings (target: 351 runs from 50 overs) R M B 4 6
ST Jayasuriya c Dravid b Harbhajan Singh 27 47 28 6 0
*MS Atapattu b Pathan 1 11 2 0 0
+KC Sangakkara c & b Sehwag 43 41 37 4 2
UDU Chandana st Dhoni b Harbhajan Singh 3 16 7 0 0
DPMD Jayawardene b Kartik 17 32 21 2 0
RP Arnold b Harbhajan Singh 0 1 3 0 0
TM Dilshan b Kartik 23 23 25 2 1
MF Maharoof st Dhoni b Kartik 2 14 14 0 0
WPUJC Vaas not out 37 54 52 5 0
LHD Dilhara b Santh 29 30 20 2 3
M Muralitharan c Kartik b Santh 6 12 7 1 0
Extras (lb 2, w 6, nb 2) 10
Total (all out, 35.4 overs, 148 mins) 198

FoW: 1-10 (Atapattu, 2.1 ov), 2-74 (Jayasuriya, 10.2 ov),
3-76 (Sangakkara, 11.3 ov), 4-88 (Chandana, 14.1 ov),
5-88 (Arnold, 14.4 ov), 6-118 (Jayawardene, 19.4 ov),
7-121 (Dilshan, 21.2 ov), 8-126 (Maharoof, 23.5 ov),
9-189 (Dilhara, 33.5 ov), 10-198 (Muralitharan, 35.4 ov).

Bowling O M R W
Pathan 5 0 34 1 (1nb, 2w)
Santh 5.4 0 39 2 (2w)
Agarkar 3 0 20 0
Harbhajan Singh 10 0 35 3 (1w)
Sehwag 3 1 20 1 (1nb)
Kartik 9 0 48 3 (1w)

m_vaughan said:
This was a spectacular performance, beating the 2nd best ODI team in the world by 152 runs. Sri Lanka once again show how bad they can play when not on home soil.

I don't know how SL are number 2 then. They should be able to win everywhere. I know that had the tsunami not had come NZ would have probably white washed SL.

saisrini80 said:
To Indiangod - Forget Nehra! If you noticed our fielding effort today, it was outstanding. The players plunging themselves onto the ball trying to save it, etc. Sehwag had two breathtaking saves, Harbhajan 1, Sree Santh showed great commitment at the boundary, etc. Nehra and Zaheer bring some lackadaisical attitude on the field. Ok, Zaheer can again be considered if he continues his good form in Duleep Trophy! But no Nehra again! We dont want him! Instead we should go for VRV Singh or some one better!

Kaif can avoid playing this series and be ready for the SA series!

sachinisgod - welcome back buddy! I am keeping an eye on the Duleep trophy matches! I am also expecting a few old star players like Saurav and Zaheer to come back to the side! We have now discovered the ways of winning, so these guys wont have a tough time blending into this victorious side (Friday's match notwithstanding)!

Nhera can come good in the bowling, he has proved many times he can be a matchwinner, his fielding his poor, I think the worst in the Indian team, from now on India should stick to 3 pace bowlers, Pathan, Z khan, Nhera-VRV Singh- Santh-J sharma-Bose-Jp Yadav-G singh, would be Ideal. I think Kumble should be selected in front of H singh, H singh's good in the test arena but not that good in the odi's, Kumbles good in both forms of the games and he has saved India many times, and he has got an outstanding record.

Singh had quite a good game last night. Pacemen wise I wouldn't pick Nhera again until he fixes up his fielding. And of course India did well without him yesterday anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread