Sri Lanka in India

Who will win the ODI's and TESTS matches?

• ODI Drawn, SL wins Test

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ODI Drawn, Test Drawn

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
good news and thanks for bringing it in Sai! I hope there is some play, for the sake of many cricketing fans. You can empathize the feeling in Chennai, if the match finally starts, lots of fans will be crowding the stadium.

Lets see how the teams go about this game.
Is it possible to do a double declearation when a team hasn't scored? As if they did that then it would be like a ODI.

i don't know. It will be interesting if they do that, though the chances are remote unless one of the teams bundle out for a poor score.

No. India should ideally bat first and look to give some exciting entertainment for the crowds! Both teams should shut out a result from the minds and look to play the most exciting cricket ever possible! It will also be a psychological advantage and disadvantage for either team going into the second test if they lose in the excitment that they crave for!

I guess Sachin is the best person to do that! Come out with all guns blazing! But watch out for Sehwag...

Rain Rain Keep Away,
Our Indian team wants to play,
Rain Rain come again,
When our Indian team doesnt play!

nice poem! :p
and you're right, we should play for some psychological advantage. Score heavily, get the batsmen in test match mood, its a good practice match for the second test, literally speaking.

aussie1st said:
According to cricinfo play should start after lunch. So not long now until we get play hopefully.

Yup.. I am eagerly awaiting the start of play! I am not sleeping tonite! I want play to start finally in Chennai!

Who all think Sachin can get his record 35th century here at his favorite ground, Chepauk? I for one, believe he can do so if we get play for most part today and tomorrow (i.e. if India elect to bat first!).

Latest Update @12:11pm IST (i.e. 6:41am GMT): Next inspection in another 75 minutes

Umpires optimistic for a toss at 2:30pm for a 3:00pm IST start!

Update @ 1:45pm IST (8:15GMT): Finally good news.... Toss at 2:30pm IST (9am GMT) and match starts at 3pm IST (9:30am GMT)

Courtesy: Cricinfo.com

Last edited:
Gambhir gone for nought! India 13/1

Oh damn! Dravid and Sehwag now need to keep up the batting and not lose wickets!

Sehwag on fire at the moment. 36 off 23.

kodos said:
Sehwag on fire at the moment. 36 off 23.

At the rate Sehwag is going, we might not see Sachin in the crease today (of course, if Sehwag curbs his senseless strokes!)

gamerkid22 said:
sehwag gone .

This 38 is going to take him nowhere! He might face the fate of Akash Chopra who always used to get these 30's and 40's and then slowly faded away!

What was the need to drive on the up? Where did his test match patience go? He has getting these scores for a long long time now! Even in the ODI's

Well, it was a sluggish pitch and Sehwag just went after the bowling. Its a contrasting starts from Sehwag and the rest, but on a difficult pitch to bat, it is always better to defend with utmost caution.

Users who are viewing this thread