Sri Lanka in India

Who will win the ODI's and TESTS matches?

• ODI Drawn, SL wins Test

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ODI Drawn, Test Drawn

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

bharat

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
I live in chennai

so far no rain..but the weather is a bit cooler than usual.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
An e-mail from my friend...

Actually, the weathermen last night predicted that a huge cyclone was scheduled to hit Chennai on Thursday morning with some early signs - light rain and gusty winds - on Wednesday. But we have had a bright and sunny day today and I hear that the storm has blown away. Ticket sales, originally scheduled for Sunday, got postponed to Tuesday and then to Wednesday 30th. Probably because the boss N Srinivasan was in Kolkatta!!!

I won''t be surprised if we actually have a match. It would be a pity otherwise.

Nandu

So chances brightening up a bit abt the match!

cricket_lover

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
saisrini80 said:
An e-mail from my friend...

So chances brightening up a bit abt the match!

Bless your friend! :cheers

A small spark of hope in complete darkness but still good enough! I really hope we can make a match of out it even if it rains for sometime.

Dhoni

School Cricketer
I can't wait for the first test match. It's going to be fun watching the big spinner, Muri bowling to our batsmen. I predict the series will end up with India 2-0. Come on INDIA!!!!

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
All eyes on Saurav Ganguly

http://www.hindu.com/2005/12/01/stories/2005120105722100.htm

For those who crib about how Dravid backstabs his former captain, here is the answer for you! He is making all the attempts to make the former captain at ease with this Indian team! If all what is said is to be believed, then the Ganguly-Chappell problem is now a thing of the past!

ravigoteti

Club Cricketer
I read that in thatscricket as well, hope the positiveness continues! We all make mistakes, just imagine how many times we have annoyed others, we do it almost everyday. Same with Ganguly!

Now, hopefully, its a thing of the past and i hope India can build on the momentum from the last two series.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Good news for Ganguly and Indian cricket! Signs showing that the wounded tiger might arise! He seems to be bonding well with the team mates.

Ganguly is a sure bet at No.5

At No.5, he can face the spinners and more importantly, has more chances to face the older ball (if he doesnt come after the 80th over when the new ball is taken!). He has a very good opportunity now! He has to utilise it!

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Thats good news for Ganguly. Its the perfect place for him to bat as well, cause he knows Indian pitche off the back of his head.

ravigoteti

Club Cricketer
Check this article from cricinfo...

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/indvsl/content/story/227848.html

i'll post some excerpts...
"The fighter still remains - Watching Ganguly"

"Every eye was trained on Greg Chappell and Rahul Dravid, and how they would react to the prodigal son's return. Dravid was first to have a chat, and then Ganguly spent five minutes behind the nets having a t?te-?-t?te with Chappell. There was no sign of rancour, just two professionals getting on with the job at hand. "

Very nice to see that, the team has welcomed him quite well!

"Ganguly spent some time watching Sachin Tendulkar practise his drives against a boy throwing from 15 yards. With a smile on his face, he walked up for a word and for a brief moment, as Tendulkar waved animatedly with his gloved hand, you were transported to the days when the two were the most feared batting combination in the history of one-day cricket."

Don't we want to witness that again? Sachin and Sourav opening for India? It may not be possible right now but i just can't stop thinking about those glorious days when these two dominated the bowlers, together.

"Ganguly even found the time to pouch an outstanding catch low to his right before being enveloped by a horde of cameras and microphones en route to his kitbag. But there was no fighting talk, and certainly no posturing, merely a friendly wave and a hello for those faces he recognised. "

He's putting his effort, lot of hard-work and thats good to see. May be the disposal was a wake-up call for him to perform like he should, not like how he wants to.

"Indian cricket's most-celebrated leader now finds himself in the role of ordinary foot-soldier, as he was when he first lit up the cricketing firmament with a century at Lord's in 1996. ...................given how often he has proved his detractors wrong in the course of a career yielding over 15,000 international runs, you'd have to be inordinately brave - or foolish - to write him off. "

Well said! scoring 15000 runs means the player has some class and skill in him, and that class is always in him.

"He carries the reminders of every glove that laid him down or cut him ... but the fighter still remains"
Thats Ganguly for us...

Btw, i'm not supporting entirely for Ganguly, if he doesn't perform then others should be given a chance. But after some good performances in domestic level, i hope the BCCI gives him a chance to rediscover himself, rediscover a man who has changed the face of Indian cricket, in some way!

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
ravigoteti said:
Check this article from cricinfo...

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/indvsl/content/story/227848.html

i'll post some excerpts...
"The fighter still remains - Watching Ganguly"

"Every eye was trained on Greg Chappell and Rahul Dravid, and how they would react to the prodigal son's return. Dravid was first to have a chat, and then Ganguly spent five minutes behind the nets having a t?te-?-t?te with Chappell. There was no sign of rancour, just two professionals getting on with the job at hand. "

Very nice to see that, the team has welcomed him quite well!

"Ganguly spent some time watching Sachin Tendulkar practise his drives against a boy throwing from 15 yards. With a smile on his face, he walked up for a word and for a brief moment, as Tendulkar waved animatedly with his gloved hand, you were transported to the days when the two were the most feared batting combination in the history of one-day cricket."

Don't we want to witness that again? Sachin and Sourav opening for India? It may not be possible right now but i just can't stop thinking about those glorious days when these two dominated the bowlers, together.

"Ganguly even found the time to pouch an outstanding catch low to his right before being enveloped by a horde of cameras and microphones en route to his kitbag. But there was no fighting talk, and certainly no posturing, merely a friendly wave and a hello for those faces he recognised. "

He's putting his effort, lot of hard-work and thats good to see. May be the disposal was a wake-up call for him to perform like he should, not like how he wants to.

"Indian cricket's most-celebrated leader now finds himself in the role of ordinary foot-soldier, as he was when he first lit up the cricketing firmament with a century at Lord's in 1996. ...................given how often he has proved his detractors wrong in the course of a career yielding over 15,000 international runs, you'd have to be inordinately brave - or foolish - to write him off. "

Well said! scoring 15000 runs means the player has some class and skill in him, and that class is always in him.

"He carries the reminders of every glove that laid him down or cut him ... but the fighter still remains"
Thats Ganguly for us...

Btw, i'm not supporting entirely for Ganguly, if he doesn't perform then others should be given a chance. But after some good performances in domestic level, i hope the BCCI gives him a chance to rediscover himself, rediscover a man who has changed the face of Indian cricket, in some way!

You're exactly right. If he doesnt perform, move ahead! But he has fought backw with some good centuries in domestic cricket and just like any other cricketer, he needs to be given a chance. He also has that experience of international level!

Sachin-Saurav opening? Well, a mouth watering combination but highly unlikely now that Sehwag and Gambhir have staked their credentials with fine performances! If at all Saurav gets a chance in the ODI's, it has to be at the expense of Gambhir but if that happens, yes we can may be dream of seeing them together at the top again. Sehwag seems to have settled in the middle order very well!

Users who are viewing this thread