The PlanetCricket Battrick Sledging Thread

Adarsh said:
OK! So I am playing Briggs next week. Should be a cracker of a game.
If I sign the players ive currently bid for, my bowling will be vastly improved for next week!

Hope for a good game mate, it should be a good one, your league position is deceiving as you have a pretty good squad so it should be quite a challenge! Will you be the one to end my 19 game unbeaten streak I wonder!

Yeah, my league is crammed full of great, active teams, making me 6th. Still higher than you in the battrick pyramid though ;).

Adarsh said:
Yeah, my league is crammed full of great, active teams, making me 6th. Still higher than you in the battrick pyramid though ;).
Well thats just the luck of the draw my friend! Its what I was given!

I'll have to make sure Ainsworth is especially pumped up for this game ;)

What the hell!!! Have you seen the new ratings? Everybody - go to your latest matches and see the new ratings for your teams. It makes absolutely no sense! First time I had a proficient top order and now its back to competant!!!

Well, nice to see my top and middle orders are Woeful...

The ratings between me and Adarsh now read:
Code:
 [B]TT Lions Cricket Geniuses[/B] 
[B]Top Order:[/B] worthless mediocre 
[B]Middle Order:[/B] woeful woeful 
[B]Lower Order:[/B] mediocre worthless 
[B]Seam Bowling:[/B] mediocre feeble 
[B]Spin Bowling:[/B] feeble feeble 
[B]Fielding:[/B] feeble woeful

Also, check out the new wages. I bet Allan Thatcher is going to be worth half a million. What a rip off, its not like he is worth it anyways ;)

I don't know how many of you have heard of Lawrence Mccloud, but he is the highest BTR rated player in the game. Has the highest fielding skill achieved so far and has touch Elite in consistency. His improvement has been recorded Here. He is primarily a bowler, but his unbelievably high Stamina and Concentration makes him probably the best Feeble batsman there is. He is also a low Proficient in bowling.

Well, anyways, check out his new wages:

Code:
[COLOR=SlateGray]7. Lawrence Mccloud (50596) [/COLOR] 
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, fair 
A defensive player with respectable leadership skills and abysmal experience. 

[B]Plays For:[/B] [COLOR=Sienna]Zanarkand Abes[/COLOR] 
[B]Nationality:[/B] England 
[B]Age:[/B] 19 Years Old 
[B]Battrick Rating:[/B] 285,781 
[B]Wages:[/B] ?928 p/w [B][SIZE=5](?80,162)[/SIZE][/B]

EDIT: it turns out Mccloud is the second highest BTR player in the game. The highest is Willam Ardley, who's skills have been kept quiet by his owner, but its rumoured he is a Proficient+ in both batting and bowling. His wage has touched the 100K mark. You could buy a decent team for that price!

Code:
[COLOR=SlateGray]William Ardley (57571)[/COLOR] 
RH Batsman, LF Bowler, proficient batting form, superb bowling form, fatigued 
An attacking player with abysmal leadership skills and abysmal experience. 

[B]Plays For:[/B] [COLOR=Sienna]port vale[/COLOR] 
[B]Nationality:[/B] England 
[B]Age:[/B] 21 Years Old 
[B]Battrick Rating:[/B] 314,156 
[B]Wages:[/B] ?3,268 p/w [B][SIZE=5](?107,672)[/SIZE][/B]

Last edited:
port vale were in my league, but it was before i joined so i didn't get to play against him

Crickey, Nalin Ali's wages are going to shoot up!

Does this new wage system mean the finance system is going to change as well, or is this taking into account the revenue expected from the FC matches as well? because surely most teams wont survive without something being added.

Nah, its just to prevent players like Mccloud and Ardley from popping up to frequently. High secondaries do help a fair bit in match performance, and aren't charged. This is just to make more well-rounded players common instead of having extremes in either Primaries or Secondaries.

Users who are viewing this thread