The PlanetCricket Battrick Sledging Thread

It worked decently for him actually. He once chased down 50 runs to win off the last 4 overs with his two best batsmen there!
But I like it a lot. beat the league leaders using it! Although I was chasing there, and chasing a small target. My bowlers did the job there...a high-primary team his...

Yeah, but have you thought that with your best batsmen at the top you could have won with a bigger margin? In today's match, I set Mapes to very defensive, Hume to Attacking, and Hoult to Attacking. See how well that worked for me!! Mapes took most of the strike in the first 10 overs and the score was 34 after 10. But after that my team took off, and when Mapes got out, Hoult came in and scored 72 off 61 balls and my team made 318!

There are more ways than one for every tactic.

What orders do you set for the tail then, defensive or normal? One of the first times I saw you use it one of your tail lasted for quite a while so you must set them to defensive and hope that they see off the new ball. One thing I have always wondered is whether your players actually gain skill towards their secondaries and primaries in a match, or is it just the nets that determine that? Ive always thought they only gained experience in a match and the rest was the nets, but surely they should gain some skill points if they score well consistently, maybe you could clear that one up for me Zorax.

One thing id like to see in the future is the ability to be able to set how attacking and defensive your players are at certain times in a game. I know it usually does it with the attacks coming at the start and end of an innings, but what if you want to constantly attack, or say you loose a burst of wickets and just want to consolidate for 10 or so overs. It would be a useful feature to have for the bowlers as well, if they are getting carted when you set them on attacking, you might want to change that at some stage.

They are just ideas, might take a look at what some people have put up in the ideas board to see if anyone else has suggested this.

That's unlikely to come as it will require setting orders during the game. Allan has said that feature is improbable, as a lot of people aren't active during the game.

I set my tail to V.Defensive. Just to bat out. And players don't gain much from playing. Maybe the odd experience pop.
And setting orders for different times has been requested. It has been turned down by a couple of mods for the fact that it could become too complex, especially for those who don't follow cricket much.

ZoraxDoom said:
I set my tail to V.Defensive. Just to bat out. And players don't gain much from playing. Maybe the odd experience pop.
And setting orders for different times has been requested. It has been turned down by a couple of mods for the fact that it could become too complex, especially for those who don't follow cricket much.
Fair point. Have any of you requested anything in the ideas thread?

What if it was like the Sunday League football game?

You could specify before the match things such as "If we lose 3 wickets in 10 overs, bat defensively"

Cant be that complex, surely

Briggsey said:
Fair point. Have any of you requested anything in the ideas thread?
Quite a few things actually. I'll find my big thread of ideas...inculded friendly series, trophy cabinets, day/nighters, ground facilities, awards for grounds, ability to choose whether home matches are day/nighters or day matches, lights, etc...
EDIT: My thread - http://www.battrick.org/nl/threads.asp?threadID=11640

Last edited:
ZoraxDoom said:
Quite a few things actually. I'll find my big thread of ideas...inculded friendly series, trophy cabinets, day/nighters, ground facilities, awards for grounds, ability to choose whether home matches are day/nighters or day matches, lights, etc...
EDIT: My thread - http://www.battrick.org/nl/threads.asp?threadID=11640
Some of those ideas are good, the bank loans could be and should be implemented IMO. Day-Nighters would add a different effect to the games, but I guess then that would require you to build flood lights for your stadium or something along those lines. If I was to request an idea it would be for Twenty20 games seeing how they are becoming popular amongst a few people on battrick, but seeing how they have only just got the FC model built, I guess a Twenty20 one hasnt even been started on yet!

Briggsey said:
Some of those ideas are good, the bank loans could be and should be implemented IMO. Day-Nighters would add a different effect to the games, but I guess then that would require you to build flood lights for your stadium or something along those lines. If I was to request an idea it would be for Twenty20 games seeing how they are becoming popular amongst a few people on battrick, but seeing how they have only just got the FC model built, I guess a Twenty20 one hasnt even been started on yet!

Well, Twenty20 isn't very hard to implement. Just reduce ODs to 20 overs, give each bowler 4 overs etc., take about a day at the most to program.

The Spin said:
What if it was like the Sunday League football game?

You could specify before the match things such as "If we lose 3 wickets in 10 overs, bat defensively"

Cant be that complex, surely

i tihnk that already happens depending on your captain's leadership and the players experience

Users who are viewing this thread