WC2007: Semi Finals

Adarsh said:
Well, Murali is now a legspinner with a googly really !! He bowls more doosras than off spinners. His off spinner is not as good as it was, not as much spin and isn't dangerous. His doosra however....

Yeah he doesnt ball it dat much for it to be useful!!!! bowls a lot more doosras and topspinners. but when he does ball the offie it still spins like a top

Jayawardene really set this game up for SL and now Murali has almost sealed it.

siddharth2002 said:
Kiwis simply cannot handle good spin bowling and in order to win a world cup they need to be prepared for everything and that includes chasing down 250+ against Murali.

Another one goes, Jayasuria comes to the party.
I wouldn't even go so far as to say it's spin, just all round quality bowling that put them under pressure. They took on Fernando, but they still needed to score faster, such was the damage done by Vaas and Malinga. Styris gaffed a shot to Dilshan and suddenly the door was wide open for Murali. If you try to work feats of devastation on any bowler of Murali's quality, you'd better be quality yourself, or at least feeling lucky. New Zealand are exposed as a result, because in spite of having a selection of good and very good batsmen, none has the status of a superhero (or supervillain). They really needed Sri Lanka to give something away, but instead they picked up where they left off, taking more and more.

angryangy said:
I wouldn't even go so far as to say it's spin, just all round quality bowling that put them under pressure. They took on Fernando, but they still needed to score faster, such was the damage done by Vaas and Malinga. Styris gaffed a shot to Dilshan and suddenly the door was wide open for Murali. If you try to work feats of devastation on any bowler of Murali's quality, you'd better be quality yourself, or at least feeling lucky. New Zealand are exposed as a result, because in spite of having a selection of good and very good batsmen, none has the status of a superhero (or supervillain). They really needed Sri Lanka to give something away, but instead they picked up where they left off, taking more and more.
Its more or less spin only, especially going by their recent performances.

Every good team needs at least one awesome batsman and one awesome bowler. Australia have it, South Africa have it, so do Sri Lanka. The other teams don't.

That was a great moment. Jayasuriya was hit for six and next ball he bowled McMillan.

It's the usual saying 6 and out. Macca probably thought may as well have some fun and maybe I can pull of a miracle. But not to be.

siddharth2002 said:
That chip shot is still making me angry and let it be a good lesson for Styris seeing how Kiwis are folding now.

Edit - Vettori gone, SL seems to be in a hurry :p

I can assure that England would have performed better than Kiwis in a similar situation.

Yeah good call that...where are England again???

Jawardane throw at the stumps Franklin was standing away from the crease, he didnt try to get in , i know they cant win but then also they should bat till they can .

Fift runs partnership for the tenth wicket , they could have won if their middle orders played some good shots

Sri Lanka has won by 81 runs! They will go to the final. :) :happy :cheers :cool:

Congrats SL were the better all round team on the day. Kiwis just didn't look like they turned up with either the bat or ball.

Users who are viewing this thread