WC2007: Semi Finals

Good win for the Lankas , Murali and Jayawardane is in extremely dangerous form ,team who will face Lanka have to watch out both:p

aussie1st said:
Congrats SL were the better all round team on the day. Kiwis just didn't look like they turned up with either the bat or ball.

Yep, fair comment. A shame really, our 5th semi final loss. It hurts me to say but... GO AUSSIE

The way Sri Lanka has performed with their squad at full strength, it really doesn't matter who else shows up on April 28.

Last edited:
BOPAXE said:
Yep, fair comment. A shame really, our 5th semi final loss. It hurts me to say but... GO AUSSIE

I thought you guys were "I support 2 teams, NZ and anyone playing Aus" ;)

BOPAXE said:
Yeah good call that...where are England again???
I said England would have played better against this bowling, NZ didn't deserve the semis spot the way they folded.

Great performance by SL they deserved to win. Mahela's brilliance was the key they way he took apart the bowling at the death sent NZ into the break well down and then Mali came up with a magical spell to bamboozle the top order.

Styris was looking ominous but when he was dismissed by the gentle offies of dilshan i reckon it was always going to be tough. I was shocked to hear simon doull call murali a cheater str8 out on sky here in NZ. That was a shocker. Your allowed to have your opinions but really you should be gaurded on national televison. The c&b was doubtful and the replays were inconclusive even though it seemed atleast one finger would've been under the ball. You couldn't say whether he caught it or not so it was def out of line to assume dat he ddnt and call him a cheat. Oram should've stuck around though i mean its a semi final and you shouldn't give up your wicket without a fight. Then they could've reffered it and then given the benefit of the doubt to the batsmen.

Inbox24 said:
Stephen Fleming just quit the ODI captaincy after that loss !

WTF

Guess he is giving someone like Vettori time to get use to captaincy. Seeing as NZ don't really have many openers putting their hands up Fleming will be able to remain in the side and help Vettori through the transition.

Unfortonatly I couldn't watch this as I have a nose injury. Been a bad week, I still can't breathe properly. Pathetic. We are the better team and I damn well know it. We were just rusty. Congrats Sri Lanka uoi just played better on the day. We'll never have to play that chucker Murili ever again which is great. No Jaysuriya either.

The final place meant mroe to us the Sri Lanka, and thats all there was to play for, a final spot. Only 1 teams going to win. Australia won't lose. SL arn;t going to win it, at least if we were on our A game we had a shot. Bad timing, we were hot for the first bunch of games, then had a shocker against SL and AUS and again i nthe semi. Peaked at a bad time.

I'm over cricket. We deserved that win more and didn't get it.

I want to pay tribute to Fleming as captain, for all he;s given us. I'm relived he's keeping playing tests and ODI's but I think giving up the ODI captaincy is a sound move.

Last post here. I need something better to do with my time, and I try and try to stand up for the NZ side, but even so, I still get negative comments from people and harassment. I feel out of place. 2 dickheads in particular I just can't stand how idiotic they are.

Bye and thanks to those who were good posters and respectful and f u to all you people who gave me trouble. Thanks admins for making me FC staff.

irottev said:
Unfortonatly I couldn't watch this as I have a nose injury. Been a bad week, I still can't breathe properly. Pathetic. We are the better team and I damn well know it. We were just rusty. Congrats Sri Lanka uoi just played better on the day. We'll never have to play that chucker Murili ever again which is great. No Jaysuriya either.

The final place meant mroe to us the Sri Lanka, and thats all there was to play for, a final spot. Only 1 teams going to win. Australia won't lose. SL arn;t going to win it, at least if we were on our A game we had a shot. Bad timing, we were hot for the first bunch of games, then had a shocker against SL and AUS and again i nthe semi. Peaked at a bad time.

I'm over cricket. We deserved that win more and didn't get it.

I want to pay tribute to Fleming as captain, for all he;s given us. I'm relived he's keeping playing tests and ODI's but I think giving up the ODI captaincy is a sound move.

Last post here. I need something better to do with my time, and I try and try to stand up for the NZ side, but even so, I still get negative comments from people and harassment. I feel out of place. 2 dickheads in particular I just can't stand how idiotic they are.

Bye and thanks to those who were good posters and respectful and f u to all you people who gave me trouble. Thanks admins for making me FC staff.
lol you're FC staff now? Thats good! So, how much do you get paid dude? And by the way, I feel sorry for NZ dude...hopefully Fleming retires and they give the Cap. to Styris or Vittroi.

Well, See you around Iro,
But don't you think your taking this a bit too far? India and Pakistan both got knocked out in the group stage, and we're not crying and quitting cricket over it.
It was a good win by Sri Lanka. Lets hope the Mehala-Murali magic continues to the Cup.
BRING THE CUP BACK TO ASIA!

Users who are viewing this thread