WC2007: Semi Finals

irottev said:
I'm over cricket. We deserved that win more and didn't get it.

Last post here. I need something better to do with my time, and I try and try to stand up for the NZ side, but even so, I still get negative comments from people and harassment. I feel out of place. 2 dickheads in particular I just can't stand how idiotic they are.

Bye and thanks to those who were good posters and respectful and f u to all you people who gave me trouble. Thanks admins for making me FC staff.
We'll see you back here in Cricket Chat I'm sure, just like the last time you flounced off after a New Zealand defeat.

Sagacious said:
Says it all, No team has even come close to defeating Australia in this world cup.It's really sad :(
It's actually quite funny to think that people were ruling us out of winning the tournament just prior to the start of it aswell.

irottev said:
Unfortonatly I couldn't watch this as I have a nose injury. Been a bad week, I still can't breathe properly. Pathetic. We are the better team and I damn well know it. We were just rusty. Congrats Sri Lanka uoi just played better on the day. We'll never have to play that chucker Murili ever again which is great. No Jaysuriya either.

The final place meant mroe to us the Sri Lanka, and thats all there was to play for, a final spot. Only 1 teams going to win. Australia won't lose. SL arn;t going to win it, at least if we were on our A game we had a shot. Bad timing, we were hot for the first bunch of games, then had a shocker against SL and AUS and again i nthe semi. Peaked at a bad time.

I want to pay tribute to Fleming as captain, for all he;s given us. I'm relived he's keeping playing tests and ODI's but I think giving up the ODI captaincy is a sound move.

Last post here. I need something better to do with my time, and I try and try to stand up for the NZ side, but even so, I still get negative comments from people and harassment. I feel out of place. 2 dickheads in particular I just can't stand how idiotic they are.

Bye and thanks to those who were good posters and respectful and f u to all you people who gave me trouble. Thanks admins for making me FC staff.

Hey, that sounds like one on my old posts when England lost or a mod annoyed me :cool:

aussie1st said:
Vettori for mind as he has been captain in the past when Fleming wasn't there.
Although Styris might just prove to be a better captain being an all-rounder and all that. Vettori just seems a bit conservative to me.

wfdu_ben91 said:
It's actually quite funny to think that people were ruling us out of winning the tournament just prior to the start of it aswell.
Hindsight is a nice gift, isn't it?

wfdu_ben91 said:
Its not funny at all. The Aussies were pretty poor (for whatever reasons) going into the tournament, and which is why their return to form looks even more spectacular.

I thought that "blip" came just about at the right time.

lost 4500+ vbookie points last day cuz did bet on n. zealand, now more then 5000 vbookie points is on Australia

Convincing win for Sri Lanka, I knew they would it, they have just a little bit more quality then New Zealand. Another one sided game though, it would be nice to see a contest today.

@irottev you truely are an idiot.

aussie1st said:
Vettori for mind as he has been captain in the past when Fleming wasn't there.

I wud prefer some young aggressive gun than Vetto. I don't think Vetto will show any aggressions as a captain. Don't make the mistake which India is making with soft Dravid :p

If i remember right, when Ponting was picked as the captain for Aus from Stevie, where Warny was the obvious choice after Stevie, but they handled the responsibility to Ponting and its been working well till this second. I guess, Kiwis must know something from that... definitely i won't go with Vetto though he is an obvious choice.

Well done Sri Lanka thoroughly deserved victory. Everyone performed in some aspect (bar Fernando).

Surprised with some of the decisions yesterday, Taufel doesn't get many wrong.

andrew_nixon said:
We'll see you back here in Cricket Chat I'm sure, just like the last time you flounced off after a New Zealand defeat.

After the ammount of times we get trounced/make a mockery of ourselves in ODIs most of the England fans on here would've made more comebacks than longwave if we did posts like that.

Hope you do come irottev, not many Kiwis around.

irottev said:
Unfortonatly I couldn't watch this as I have a nose injury. Been a bad week, I still can't breathe properly. Pathetic. We are the better team and I damn well know it. We were just rusty. Congrats Sri Lanka uoi just played better on the day. We'll never have to play that chucker Murili ever again which is great. No Jaysuriya either.

The final place meant mroe to us the Sri Lanka, and thats all there was to play for, a final spot. Only 1 teams going to win. Australia won't lose. SL arn;t going to win it, at least if we were on our A game we had a shot. Bad timing, we were hot for the first bunch of games, then had a shocker against SL and AUS and again i nthe semi. Peaked at a bad time.

I want to pay tribute to Fleming as captain, for all he;s given us. I'm relived he's keeping playing tests and ODI's but I think giving up the ODI captaincy is a sound move.

Not the first time I'm hearing this. A certain CB series comes to memory. Anyways the fact that we get so few of these shows how few matches NZ actually lose and that they are after all a quality and consistent ODI side.

I've always said that the WC is a big lottery and need not necessarily crown the best team. It just that the Aussies have managed to keep on winning.

Pitch report says, its better to bat first as chasing big total in this wicket will be tough. And SA is batting first now... Good decision from Smith... Now, SA should look to get a big score to stay safe.

I think this things are not right , when Toss plays a very vital role :(

Users who are viewing this thread