WC2007: Semi Finals

m_vaughan said:
Its not funny at all. The Aussies were pretty poor (for whatever reasons) going into the tournament, and which is why their return to form looks even more spectacular.

I thought that "blip" came just about at the right time.
When we were missing some key players.

Missing Brett Lee is a massive blow because he has been such a good ODI bowler

South Africa has won the toss and will bat first. :) I have 7 Australian players in my Fantasy Cricket team, betted all my vCash on Australia and I still would like to see South Africa in the final.

No need to worry about how our defending of big totals goes. Does sound like the toss should help SA although with no spinner it may not be as big as advantage.

Conversely, no need for South Africans to worry about runouts with 2 balls remaining and the scores tied ;)

I don't think chasing will be a problem, we've got the best batting lineup going around at the moment by miles.

Looking for another duck for de Villiers.

2nd edge from De Villers now, at least this one didn't run to the fence and stuff up a very good over. McGrath getting some good swing early on which is good to see.

Bracken got Smith on his second over , what a start for Aussie:happy

Bracken bowls Smith! That's a huge blow for South Africa.

Exactly what we needed, good bowling there by Bracken. Had him beaten the ball before and clean bowled him the next. At least Kallis won't be slowing down things this time round.

surendar said:
Pitch report says, its better to bat first as chasing big total in this wicket will be tough. And SA is batting first now... Good decision from Smith... Now, SA should look to get a big score to stay safe.

380? :D

Too aggressive from Kallis there already had the 4 that over should have just left with that, our Best bowler gets their Best batter.

Kallis is gone. They want to strike the ball when it seems that the ball is hitting the stumps. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread