West Indies in England

Pietersen is a tosspot.
I don't care if thats the way he plays. You dont do that to the last ball of the day.

Absolutely. But again I have to say, you wouldn't be calling him a tosspot had it flew for four would you? It's just something we'll have to get used to i'm afraid.

But again I have to say, you wouldn't be calling him a tosspot had it flew for four would you?
The probability of him hitting that for four was low. That was an awful shot, to a ball 2 feet outside off stump. Okay in normal circumstances given it's KP, not okay at that time of the day.

I've seen him do it 3 times at the end of the day. Today, in the Ashes he played a hook in Oz and got caught on the boundary and just got away with playing one at the end of the day's play again in Oz

I knew Straussy would come good. Form is temporary, class is permanent as said by someone :)

The probability of him hitting that for four was low. That was an awful shot, to a ball 2 feet outside off stump. Okay in normal circumstances given it's KP, not okay at that time of the day.

I'm not defending his awful shot, i'm merely saying that all this talk of him being a tosspot wouldn't have arisen had he smacked it for four. Instead we'd be talking about how much of a genius he is for playing such an audacious shot.

Even if he had hit it for four I would have said that it was a stupid shot. He would have just been lucky to get away with it.

That's KP though, don't forget the other hundreds of times it's gone for four. It infuriated me too. Hopefully that's his one dismissal like that for the summer out the way!

Pretty ordinary day for us, but with only two days left. We should at least be able to draw the game. Of course we still have Bell, Colly and Prior along with the in-form Strauss.

Sidebottom did well again. Best seamer of the series.

turns on/opens, same concept.

I'm sorry i just couldnt leave this comment in the past PC :p So your saying turn on is the same as opens? So you turn on ur misses, and yet you sometimes open her in the same concept as turn on? And before anyone says a smart arsed comment, im just talking about the turn on, nothing after that ;)

Not hard when you consider who he's up against though. :p

Tbh, i'd be disappointed if we didn't win this Test.

Draw draw draw draw, all over this test, draw!!

I'm sorry i just couldnt leave this comment in the past PC :p So your saying turn on is the same as opens? So you turn on ur misses, and yet you sometimes open her in the same concept as turn on? And before anyone says a smart arsed comment, im just talking about the turn on, nothing after that ;)

Draw draw draw draw, all over this test, draw!!

I have no idea what you're talking about but I have heard it is best to turn her on before opening her up. ;)

lol, what parallel universe is this game in? Strauss is scoring freely, noone else is and Edwards has all the wickets.

its called the parallel universe of "the final dead-rubber test match"..

where everyone claims to be putting in the same effort and application but results seem to proove other wise..

Boy Ryan Sidebottom has made a great comeback to test match cricket,picking up a 5for in the West Indies first innings.His average must be well under 20 surely.

yes he's done well , but i'd be more interested to see what he does against more taxing batting line-ups.

I don't like Sidebottom, his personality reminds me to much like Stuart Clark. Looks like a dope that's having success & whinges like a school girl if the slighest thing doesn't go his way.

I read that Vaughan is quitting the ODI captaincy. Thats interesting. I wonder if he'll actually get selected at all now. If he does, he really would have to make some runs right away.

Not really related to the test series, but defiantly to the upcoming ODI series.

Users who are viewing this thread