West Indies in England

Goodness me why are Ian Ward and Nick Knight doing the commentary for this game? They are most unexcitable and mind-numbingly boring commentators in England. I want Gower and Botham back.

Everyone wants to be a commentator nowadays but Allott, Knight, Ward, Croft, etc don't do it for me

Jimmy is so much better than Plunkett it makes you really question why he wasn't selected for the tests. I would always play Monty, he just needs some experience in OD's before he can be judged and he's not going to get that by carrying drinks.

Couple of wickets getting England back in the game here, all we need is for Cook to hit that 40 ball century when we're batting!

Last edited:
England being carved apart by the Wizzles here... no Trescothick either, who saved us to some extent against Sri Lanka last year.

You didn't expect anything different did you? New captain or no new captain, this is England in a one-day match.

You didn't expect anything different did you? New captain or no new captain, this is England in a one-day match.

I expected to have some dignity when we lost!

190-5 now. Mascharenas has been quite impressive.

He's gone at nine an over and has bowled far too many wide deliveries. I'm still not convinced although I really, really want to be.

To be fair none of the bowlers hae bowled that well today, weird run out there! I still think we'll chase this, because i'm an idiot, but its good to have some belief

I would have played Monty instead of Yardy. I don't really rate Yardy as an international cricketer to be honest, he's a bit of a jack of all trades and master of none kinda guy from what I've seen of him. We've got absolutely hammered, but we can still win this, we've got plenty of batting. Yep, Mascarenhas has been impressive.

Too bad West Indies lost four wickets in the end of the innings. Otherwhile the score would have been higher.

A bad opening over of Powell. After scoring such a score you won't want to see it being wasted by someone bowling wides. But second over of Rampaul went good. Cook got an four with an edge.

Users who are viewing this thread