West Indies in England

Bopara obviously comes in for Yardy when he's fit which means I don't think we can justify playing one of the other batsman, because they'd have to bat at 8. Unless your going to experiment trying to make a middle order batsman into an opener.

We're looking surprisingly ok when Fred and Bopara get back, i'm sure that will all change when we've played our first game though. If we could ever get Tres back then i think we could look a strong ODI outfit

yes, we have never managed to replace Tres at the top of the order..
Icould see him and Cok being a great opening partnership..

sadly don't think he'll ever get picked again..despite his mass of runs this season

sadly don't think he'll ever get picked again..despite his mass of runs this season

I'm not so sure. If he can stay mentally strong, and keep on scoring runs, it may become too difficult for the selectors to leave him out. The recall and subsequent success of Sidebottom has shown that Moores seems open to looking at everyone.

Just because you've only seen him get out early 4 times doens't mean he's a bad player. Don Bradman got out for under 10 more than 4 times.

i said 4 times LIVE (IE i was at those games) the other occaisiona i saw him on TV..

matter not, cos once Freddie and bopara are fit, and either strauss or vaughan regain form he won't get near the 1st team..

As it stand we only have 1 match winner in our batting line-up, and thats KP..
Cook could be used to hold the innings together, Colly is a finisher..rest are average one-day players..

and we are lacking a "death bowler"....

I think we''ll loose more one-dayers than we win as both WI and India have more "potential" match winners in their teams (for 1-day cricket)

That is a fair thrashing. Gayle musta been hammering it.

Good to see Astle in there. Only wicket taker. Didn't excel with the bat unfortunately. Wasn't the worst though.

I'm not so sure. If he can stay mentally strong, and keep on scoring runs, it may become too difficult for the selectors to leave him out. The recall and subsequent success of Sidebottom has shown that Moores seems open to looking at everyone.

Sidebottom was selected because England needed someone who could swing the ball when Hoggard was out injured. Ryan just made the most of that oppurtunity.

Users who are viewing this thread