5. Jonathan Trott
6. Ian Bell
7. Dimitri Mascharenas
8. Michael Yardy
9. Stuart Broad
10. Ryan Sidebottom
11. James Anderson

If we use that, we will win tomorrow.

Ill pick Plunkett over Broad and Panesar over Yardy. Also am not very sure about Cook as an ODI player and especially in the opener's slot. One of things England have failed to do in recent times has been scoring quickly in the early overs. Somehow I dont think Cook is going to solve that problem. Nevertheless the lad deserves his chance and I should probably shut my mouth and wait and see how does first.

Ill pick Plunkett over Broad and Panesar over Yardy. Also am not very sure about Cook as an ODI player and especially in the opener's slot. One of things England have failed to do in recent times has been scoring quickly in the early overs. Somehow I dont think Cook is going to solve that problem. Nevertheless the lad deserves his chance and I should probably shut my mouth and wait and see how does first.
Plunkett is too erratic and Broad has a cool head on his shoulders.

Panesar doesn't cut it at ODI level. Yardy did nothing wrong last year.

Cook will build an innings while Prior whacks it.

Plunkett is too erratic and Broad has a cool head on his shoulders.

Panesar doesn't cut it at ODI level. Yardy did nothing wrong last year.

Cook will build an innings while Prior whacks it.

Apart from the fact that he bowled too quickly, took no wickets and made no runs...

yeah, but when he bowled quick, he sometimes span the ball aswel, and that suprised alot of batsman. but his faster ball was something like 74mph last year and he got in it yorker length.

Apart from the fact that he bowled too quickly, took no wickets and made no runs...

Facts before fiction. Oh and he's supposed to bowl at that speed, it's why he's been effective for us in the shorter game!

Yardy 4 wickets @ 26.50 with an eco of under 3, a best of 3/24. That bowling performance as good as won us the ODi at TB last year. He also bowled 10 overs for 18 against the Aussies in the Champions Trophy last year.

His stats don't stand out but he's a player who has worked on his limited ability and has been key to our OD success.

He bowled too often around 60-65 kph rendering his quicker ball useless. tbf, he did make some runs but won't be a more effective bowler than Panesar

You mean mph?

You shouldn't think of him as a spinner. He's kind of like Afridi's bowling in many aspects.

Yardy > Panesar in ODI's. You go on about how Yardy hasn't done much at ODI level but let's be honest, Monty hasn't been spectacular himself has he?

Yardy's hardly amazing but as a bowler he can contain for his 10 overs. Not a particularly aggressive option, but it gets results unlike Monty. Monty and Cook need to play one more one day cricket, simple as.

Monty is new ODI cricket it will take him some time to figure out how to bowl in one day cricket, so stick with him.

Yardy's just a dibbley dobberly IMO.
I would go with skateboarder's squad apart from Panesar instead of Yardy.
Broad can bat at 8.

I would bat Jonathan Trott at 4 since he can make hundred as we've seen for Warwickshire.

Last edited:
Monty is new ODI cricket it will take him some time to figure out how to bowl in one day cricket, so stick with him.

Yardy's just a dibbley dobberly IMO.
I would go with skateboarder's squad apart from Panesar instead of Yardy.
Broad can bat at 8.

I would bat Jonathan Trott at 4 since he can make hundred as we've seen for Warwickshire.

Or you could let Monty play some domestic one day cricket first and let him learn there. Jeez, when people say players, especially bowlers, need to learn their game in domestic cricket do you think they say it for fun?

I agree about Yardy but we've seen they can be effective in one dayers, and while not ideal for ODI's I'd use him until we have a more aggressive one day spin option.

Trott and Pietersen should be 3 and 4 - they are aggressive while not reckless and can get 100's in one dayers. Although Trott is unproven at this level...

Broads playing :D :D :D Should be good seeing he seems to perform best in this form. Now watch him go for 200 runs :p

Or you could let Monty play some domestic one day cricket first and let him learn there. Jeez, when people say players, especially bowlers, need to learn their game in domestic cricket do you think they say it for fun?

I agree about Yardy but we've seen they can be effective in one dayers, and while not ideal for ODI's I'd use him until we have a more aggressive one day spin option.

Trott and Pietersen should be 3 and 4 - they are aggressive while not reckless and can get 100's in one dayers. Although Trott is unproven at this level...

Yardy is just a medium pacer who only occassionally gets a ball to turn Mnty is more and will get wickets, which is what we need and what we have been lacking in ODI's.
We have no choice but to play Panesar since Yardy won't get you 5 wickets, will he?

Users who are viewing this thread