West Indies in England

Prior shouldn't be anywhere near the top of the order for me. If indeed the order ends up being Cook, Bell, Trott, Pietersen, Collingwood, Shah, Prior, Mascarenhas, then we have a fantastic mix of batting styles and would certainly allow for shifting players around depending on the situation.

Prior shouldn't be anywhere near the top of the order for me. If indeed the order ends up being Cook, Bell, Trott, Pietersen, Collingwood, Shah, Prior, Mascarenhas, then we have a fantastic mix of batting styles and would certainly allow for shifting players around depending on the situation.

I just think that Bell and Prior as an onenbing partnership is not going in the right direction, if you look at teams around the world, the best teams, they will have a quality pinch-hitter e.g Gilchrist, Jayasuria...

i'd like to see benning in there too..

for me..shah is too similar to bell cook and collingwood.. (but not as good)..

for me we don't have enuff stroke-makers..

You have seen Shah bat haven't you?

I just think that Bell and Prior as an onenbing partnership is not going in the right direction, if you look at teams around the world, the best teams, they will have a quality pinch-hitter e.g Gilchrist, Jayasuria...

So what's Prior then? If he opens he can pinch hit but he can also play the long innings, people need to forget the whole Jones opening experiment, also remember that when Prior did open he did actually make 3 or 4 starts and just didn't go on. Bell and Cook to open isn't possible if we are to move into the current era of ODI strategy. Has Trott ever opened the innings?

Bell and Cook are good players but it isn't possible for them to open imo, or is it?

Last edited:
Bell and Cook opening is a massive no go. Stick Prior up there. Is everyone but me and SS oblivious to the fact that he actually did well opening in Pakistan?

Prior has shown enough with the bat in the tests and Moores knows him well enough so i reckon he will be opening, hopefully with Cook

Bell and Cook opening is a massive no go. Stick Prior up there. Is everyone but me and SS oblivious to the fact that he actually did well opening in Pakistan?

Who are you talking about, Prior? He opened against India...

Cook is an opening innings builder and has to open and he would be well complimented by Prior.

My bad, you're right :p, I watched the whole of that series, still I can't remember him playing in it, ma memory is going...lol

Exactly. so you have no idea what kind of player he is. Your basing your opinion on no evidence, that's ridiculously stupid.

Prior has to open. There has to be an imputous at the top of the innings and only Prior can provide that whilst still having experienced opening before.

Exactly. so you have no idea what kind of player he is. Your basing your opinion on no evidence, that's ridiculously stupid.

4 times LIVE ...dozens of time on TV..

he ain't no pinch hitter, he's and authodox stroker makes just like Bell..BUT he's a LOT older and not as good (imho).

Probly leave him out for flintoff when he's fit again for better balance to the side.

This would be my ideal team:

1. Alastair Cook
2. Matt Prior (wicketkeeper)
3. Kevin Pietersen
4. Paul Collingwood (captain)
5. Jonathan Trott
6. Ian Bell
7. Dimitri Mascharenas
8. Michael Yardy
9. Stuart Broad
10. Ryan Sidebottom
11. James Anderson

Quote by Evertonfan "Yeah if i'm honest, I only picked Broad because I ran out of options. I don't think Onions is quite ready yet."

In this month's Spin cricket mag, 7 players (Blackwell, Maddy,Batty,Irani,Simon Hughes,Croft and Ian Pont (bowling coach)) were asked to pick their best 20/20 side; only 4 players were picked by all 7 - Freddie,KP, Colly... and Broad.
If he's a unanimous choice for 20/20, surely he'll make it at full odi level.
For me, he's a fine and exciting prospect.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread