who's the most arrogant cricketer of alltime?

Hooper

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
_42557531_sreesanth_416.jpg

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
A degree of arrogance is required to win.
No.

yea i was thinking the same Stevo.

every great player has a litle bit of arrogance in him, its not just in cricket its in every sport all the best players show the arrogance at times and that just comes with being the best.

Andre Nel is not arrogant he just has moments where he loses hes mind and acts stupid.
Tendulkar is about as far as you can get from arrogant. Are you going to call him out on not being one of the greatest players in the current generation?

Last edited:

.::Stevo::.

International Coach
ricky ponting if you look at his press conferences you will know

Youve probaly only ever seen one. And that was probaly when the India media questioned his integrity.

To win you have to be confident, you have to belief in you abilities. Without it you'll lose.

Perfect example is cricket bowlers, when they dismiss someone they celebrate (take Brett Lee and Pathan for example) they then follow this up by being extremely confident and steaming in, this arogance can be applied to anything, and with it comes results.. its pretty simple.

Last edited:

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
To win you have to be confident, you have to belief in you abilities. Without it you'll lose.

Perfect example is cricket bowlers, when they dismiss someone they celebrate (take Brett Lee and Pathan for example) they then follow this up by being extremely confident and steaming in, this arogance can be applied to anything, and with it comes results.. its pretty simple.
Confidence <> Arrogance

Confidence is believing in your abilities. Arrogance is thinking that everyone else sucks. Lee is a confident person. The reason that everyone around the world loves him is because he isn't arrogant. If he was arrogant he would be in the press reel right now claiming that he was the best bowler for Australia and that everyone else didn't back him up.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
I dont think many members here understand the diffrence between arrogance and aggression. They are labelling Sreesanth and Nel as arrogant when it is clear that they are aggressive cricketers.

If you are looking for arrogance then nothing will beat Greame Smith in todays times. Hes so arrogant that even does not think about his own team. Hes had issues with Zulu, Polly and god knows who else within his team only.

From Indian team Ganguly was a arrogant in his captaincy days. Now though he has settled down.

Let me think of other cricketers for more list.

who's the most arrogant cricketer of alltime?
for me NEL,GAMBHIR.

Gambhir arrogant :p:p:p:p:p

You make me laugh.

Last edited:

Gibbsrules

Club Cricketer
Smith is definetly arrogant,Nel is not arrogant,he is just over agressive.From what I remember,Sangakara was also kinda arrogant and Symonds also seems arrogant.

tassietiger

International Cricketer
Confidence <> Arrogance

Confidence is believing in your abilities. Arrogance is thinking that everyone else sucks. Lee is a confident person. The reason that everyone around the world loves him is because he isn't arrogant. If he was arrogant he would be in the press reel right now claiming that he was the best bowler for Australia and that everyone else didn't back him up.
I reckon he's a bit arrogant. Goes around celebrating as if he's the greatest bowler to ever live, while he's not even the best in our team. Probably isn't as bad as he seems, but I reckon he comes across as someone who doesn't mind the odd mirror. Could take a leaf out of Stuart Clark's book, who would have to be the exact opposite to arrogance.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Graeme Smith without a doubt. Thinks he is so much better than he actually is, talks down to the veteran South African players, and also thinks that because he is captain that he can do as he pleases. Cant stand the bloke.

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
LOL , that picture tells it all....

Personally I've seen a lot of players raising their fists and having a facial expression like that when they take a wicket....and worse

Attachments

• r194950_739956.jpg
    r194950_739956.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 84

.::Stevo::.

International Coach
LOL thats so good, McGrath was pretty arrogant on the field. But off he's a sensational bloke.

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
That was a fantastic comeback from Sarwan and McGrath just got annoyed because he had his ass owned beeatch. Anyway I think certain people can pull off a cocky attitude like Viv Richards, KP, Warney, McGrath etc and others it doesn't work for like Ponting, Smith and Ganguly athough I think to be succesful as the captain of India you need to have something about you, maybe not make yourself as hated as he did though :p

Most bowlers like Sreesanth and Nel just get too much adrenaline when they bowl and as long as it doesn't affect their bowling like Sreesanth at Trent bridge theres nothing wrong with it, although they both go OTT and it is annoying.

Users who are viewing this thread