1st Test: England v Australia

I think there are better options than those, but lets not dwell on it. The point is that Mike Hussey's best cricket is difficult to replace.

Nice. Fluke wicket for Panesar. England slighlty back in it? Brilliant innings from Ponting, captains knock after a tough 12 months of Test cricket.

England have really dragged themselves back into this well, even if that was slightly lucky.

Very interesting to see how North goes.

Last edited:
MONTY MONTY MONTY MONTYYYYY

God that guy might not be as on form as he's been in the past years, but he certainly still has my respect!

Well played Mr.Ponting!

Need one of the spinners to come to the party now or this could still be 150+ lead for Australia with North,Haddin and Johnson to come. If we assume we will have full days cricket on Day 4 and 5, Australia would still be in with a chance.

Look at the turn there for Monty. Will the Sardarji come to the party finally?

Last edited:
Bad luck Ponting. Out to a half-tracker.

Great innings that.

Last edited:
Monty deserved that wicket, he has bowled pretty well this match.

Broad back on "sigh"

Four first ball.

Good bowling today by England, I think we deserved the lucky wicket of Ponting. Anderson is showing what he can do.

Stuey finds the edge!

What would you expect Broad not to do, bowl a short delivery on middle and leg and get pulled for 4. That is what he does to a not-settled Clarke. Not what you want really.
I would have continued bowling Anderson or Flintoff for a couple of overs just because we have only about 12 minutes to lunch.

Users who are viewing this thread