1st Test: England v Australia

Yeah, the only two mistakes I saw him make were four byes, twice in two balls. Otherwise, very good effort.

I'm a flipin idiot, btw. I took Haddin out of my fantasy team today. flip.

They were hardly his fault, most keepers would have given away byes to those, they turned square and bounced at 70mph, with him standing up. Not a glaring mistake I don't think.

England are a disgrace, wasting time purposely for no reason is unacceptable. They really need to be fined for this.

I agree but everyone in world cricket does it and the over rate is still at 13 p/h.

It's going to be a draw.

5 sessions against aggressive fields and fired-up Aussie bowlers trying to atone for their first innings performance and get some face back with their batsmen. Also an England team who have crumbled under pressure against teams like the West Indies. A draw would be a brilliant result for England atm. Rain makes it much more likely though.

Psychologically devastating to ship that many runs imo. Any nerves the Aussie batsmen had coming into an Ashes series will be gone. Very important with Lords being back-to-back too.

You are a Pakistan fan. you have no right to any opnion on Test cricket because whenever a team tours your country you shoot their team bus. Jog on.
You're an English fan. Your team is crap. You have one of the most over-hyped teams in the history of sport. You defend your team by saying look at the 2005 Ashes.

And we didn't shoot the bus, so go shoot yourself :)

Here's my prediction of how the wickets will fall today;

Strauss - Play nicely for about 29 runs and then mis time a pull.
Cook - Hit a painstakingly awful to watch 15 and then play a loose drive outside the offstump
Bopara - Hit some lovely strokes, makes his way to 40 havig been dropped twice but then finally skies one to mid off.
Pietersen - Muller to bowling to all corners in a sensational knock of 70 where he looks truly unbeatable and then tries to reverse sweep hauritz for six and get himself out. Because he's a twat.
Collingwood - Nudge his way to the twenties and then edge behind.
Prior - Flashy 50 but then bottles it
Flintoff - First baller to siddle knocking all three stumps out
Panesar - Hits a terrific, majestic 175* in vein.
The rest - collapse coz they're all woeful and have no bottle.

Yeah there's this show on ESPN Classic called "An Aussie Goes Barmy" about an Australian who had to join the Barmy Army for the 06/07 Ashes. He said our fans are better than the Ozzers.

Yeah watched that episode. He also done an Aussie goes Bolly or something and Aussie Goes Calypso when Australia toured West Indies. His name is Gus Worland I think. Love the part where he's touring India and this makeshift masseur rubs him down with oils.

Yeah, the only two mistakes I saw him make were four byes, twice in two balls. Otherwise, very good effort.

I'm a flipin idiot, btw. I took Haddin out of my fantasy team today. flip.

Same, I took him out for Prior :rollseyes

rofl. England are $401 to win

Last edited:
Yeah there's this show on ESPN Classic called "An Aussie Goes Barmy" about an Australian who had to join the Barmy Army for the 06/07 Ashes. He said our fans are better than the Ozzers.

I remember watching that a few months ago, it was some fat aussie guy right?

LMAO. Love the Bopara prediction, that is so going to happen, although we're not playing West Indies, so I doubt he'll get dropped twice. Just play some nice strokes on the way to 20 before chucking it away. KP'll get to 99 before slog sweeping Hauritz straight up in the air, or try to skip down the wicket and smack it to mid on.

You're an English fan. Your team is crap. You have one of the most over-hyped teams in the history of sport. You defend your team by saying look at the 2005 Ashes.

I agree with that 100% completely. What's your point? Unlucky son.

Come on boys, try to save even the slightest bit of face here.

The saviors of English cricket, Andrew Flintoff and Kevin Pietersen. Well Flintoff has failed, and I don't expect Pietersen to save England the game. He'll just throw it away like he always does.

Users who are viewing this thread