1st Test: England v Australia

At least Monty looked good batting lol:p

He does, he has a good technique. But his timing's worse than a broken watch.

Hope we can get an early wicket otherwise it could be a struggle.

Why the hate for Hilfy? He was the best Aussie bowler in my eyes. He earned both his wickets and was economical. Bowled tidier than the others did. He was really unlucky with a few LBWs I thought would have been given on other occasions.

Hauritz and Johnson got an extra wicket each but they got lucky and the other got tailenders out who were playing expansively.

Last edited:
Difficult to blame Hilfy for lack of agression. Poor selection and too few warm up matches, He hadn't bowled before this game.

Must question Hilditch and the rest of teh selectors though. Hauritz, couldn't get a run for Queensland, went to Mexico for the spinningest wicket in Oz and struggled to get a game there and he gets plucked from obscurity to play for Australia.

I mentioned this earlier, it's because NSW play a more attacking spinner in Casson for First Class as our quicks werent guaranteed to get 20 wickets but Australia wanted a conservative spinner after we tried Krejza in India hence Hauritz selection.

Well that's what I think happened. That or the selectors dont watch domestic cricket.

His standards are low, so if that happens he won't be disappointed, but if it doesn't and they do better then that he will get a pleasant surprise.

Its not that we Indian fans do not use this tactic of being negative while supporting our team. Matt, however seems to be on a different plane with his negativity.

Keep it up Matt!:banana2

What a beuty to begin with. Hughes didn't like that much/

Its not that we Indian fans do not use this tactic of being negative while supporting our team. Matt, however seems to be on a different plane with his negativity.

Has your team ever declared on 550 on a first innings at Adelaide and lost? Exactly. So leave me be.

Has your team ever declared on 550 on a first innings at Adelaide and lost? Exactly. So leave me be.

Don`t get me started on that one or it`ll take up a hell of a lot pages to discuss who has the bragging rights to be the more pessimistic set of fans.

Users who are viewing this thread