1st Test: England v Australia

I didn't get that letter from Cricket Australia so it's open season on banter for sure...

great shot by north - watch him he can be dangerous in a situation like this...

Was it you that made 'Swine Flu'?

Maybe I`ll be the one who`ll find the cure for it. A couple of Indian biotech firms have got the project to find a vaccine for it.:banana2

Whats the weather forecast like for Days 4 and 5?

Welcome back after lunch. It was an Indo-Aussie banter in an Ashes thread. Seemed out of place. Hopefully, we`ll have an English flavor to it soon.

Maybe we should start a border/gavaskar thread :cheers

thewiseguy added 2 Minutes and 11 Seconds later...

Cook has guts fielding where he does with the quality of englands spinners... he really does...

Maybe we should start a border/gavaskar thread :cheers

Way to go!;)

Monty back bowling some terrible stuff right after lunch. Is it just me or does anyone else find the hotspot annoying sometimes. We don`t need hotspot to tell us that the ball has hit the middle of the bat. Its okay when they show it to detect edges but why put up the hotspot everytime you have a ball hitting the middle of the bat.

Stuart Broad's on after lunch "Sigh"

Watch him get carted all around the ground, he has been so poor during this match.

Maybe I`ll be the one who`ll find the cure for it. A couple of Indian biotech firms have got the project to find a vaccine for it.:banana2

Whats the weather forecast like for Days 4 and 5?

Maybe I'll win the lottery too - And I'll buy you a fancy chocolate house but I'm afraid you're no closer to a cure whilst posting on cricket forums - get back to work.

Weather's gonna be light rain on saturday apparently followed by patchy sunshine... but then that's a guess... weather forecasting is a bit of a shamanistic endeavour I think :D

I don't want to upset Dan or anything, but Broad is somewhat costing us this match here. We can keep it tight at one end but all the work gets undone by him at the other end. Whenever you go at 5 an over in a Test match you deserve the criticism that comes your way.

Way to go!;)

Monty back bowling some terrible stuff right after lunch. Is it just me or does anyone else find the hotspot annoying sometimes. We don`t need hotspot to tell us that the ball has hit the middle of the bat. Its okay when they show it to detect edges but why put up the hotspot everytime you have a ball hitting the middle of the bat.

They're probably paying a fortune for it. Typically, when this happens, it gets overused so that executives don't feel bad for all the starving children in the world...

thewiseguy added 0 Minutes and 51 Seconds later...

I have no idea why Onions wasn't picked ahead of Broad...

I don't want to upset Dan or anything, but Broad is somewhat costing us this match here. We can keep it tight at one end but all the work gets undone by him at the other end. Whenever you go at 5 an over in a Test match you deserve the criticism that comes your way.

Nah I agree with ya, he's had a poor game. Bowled a couple of good overs in a row, but then either gets taken out of the attack, or bowls a bad delivery. Hopefully he'll improve rapidly as the series goes on, still feel he gets abit of unfair criticism tbh.

Maybe I'll win the lottery too - And I'll buy you a fancy chocolate house but I'm afraid you're no closer to a cure whilst posting on cricket forums - get back to work.

Why do you assume that all Iam doing on my computer is post on this forum?
Besides, with most biotech databases being online and free to access, you never know when one of those could be used to find a breakthrough vaccine. Computational Biology guys? :banana2

This is the first time I have seen Marcus North bat but he looks very much like NZ's Daniel Flynn. He seems to have a very compact set-up.

Howsie added 1 Minutes and 17 Seconds later...

They're probably paying a fortune for it. Typically, when this happens, it gets overused so that executives don't feel bad for all the starving children in the world...

thewiseguy added 0 Minutes and 51 Seconds later...

I have no idea why Onions wasn't picked ahead of Broad...

Because Broad can bat.

Exactly. I wonder why Broad was picked ahead of Onions or Sidebottom. I`ve not seen anything from Broad, in tests so far to suggest that he could be a wicket-taker.

Why do you assume that all Iam doing on my computer is post on this forum?
Besides, with most biotech databases being online and free to access, you never know when one of those could be used to find a breakthrough vaccine. Computational Biology guys? :banana2

Nerd.

You're multitasking :D

This is the first time I have seen Marcus North bat but he looks very much like NZ's Daniel Flynn. He seems to have a very compact set-up.

Howsie added 1 Minutes and 17 Seconds later...

Because Broad can bat.

Ah! The thickening plot of modern test cricket - The bowler who can score runs - They've done well over the last 5 or so years... I rememebr the last time we toured England our bowlers were the best batsmen - and bowlers...

Users who are viewing this thread