A first look at patch 2! [new video on page 29]

Righto back on track then.

Ross, has the issue with the wrong team being handed the win in rain affected matches been rectified?

Thanks

It has.

----------

ah ok I see *taps nose*

put it this way....a CEO once told me that it doesn't matter if people are talking good or bad about your company....the main thing is that they're talking about your company. Same here with the game as you know better than I ever could. There's a lot of passion hereabouts and thats a good thing. :thumbs

whilst I have your attention (he he he), will we ever see the ability to edit teams during career modes? eg. I'm in my 2nd year of batting at Warwickshire, I want to move Bell down to 4 (his actual position IRL) - will I be able to do that without having to restart a career?

Right now I can't commit to that, we're checking out what it would take and what the wider implications could be bug wise.

----------

@BigAntStudios @mikeymerren I saw what you said regarding the AI choosing better fields - great news. Just wanted to check if this means they will stop just using the last custom field I made?

Yes, that's been fixed.

Right now I can't commit to that, we're checking out what it would take and what the wider implications could be bug wise.

Thank you for considering it. I know this raises other issues (besides the obvious coding, etc) eg. who do you put in in 2025 or something but thats a problem I'd like to have.

Anyway, fingers crossed. :thumbs

In the trailers for the game, there was a side on view of a batsman edging the ball with the hotspot camera showing the nick. Is this in the game as I have only seen the front on snicko and hotspot?

Also the improvements that have been added to patch 2 will make the game even better. Such a challenging and rewarding game. Many thanks to Ross and the team for the hardwork and effort in producing a top game for a sport this is
often difficult to replicate.

Ross, just another quick question - does the AI stop setting illegal fields now and take into a count fielding restrictions? i.e more than two men behind square on the leg side.

Thanks

This game will remain new for a very long long time,,,,currently waiting for #patch 2 and there's still #patch 3

Wow! Great stuff Ross, you really mean it when you say you support your games post release :clap

Another question...

Its great that bowler fatigue has been addressed somewhat which will improve things massively, however does stamina regenerate at all over the course of an innings when a bowler is rested, and over session breaks (eg: lunch).

Thanks again :)

Could you please tell me if the black screen crashing issue has been fixed in career mode

I'll be honest, as I'm more of a casual gamer I can say that many of the issues with the AI haven't effected my enjoyment of the game. In fact, if the opposition is bowled out for less than 100 I'm overjoyed, as it gives me at least half a chance of winning a game. I understand that gamers, who are also serious cricket supporters, demand that AI in the game is as accurate as it can be but, to the more casual gamer other issues will more important. For example:

What has really bugged me since I first started playing the game, has been the continual knocking off of the bails by players recieving a throw from the outfield.
Why is this still an issue with the game?
Why are the stumps never knocked out of the ground by a delivery from 22 yards away travelling at 95 mph, but they are by a throw from the boundary?
I agree that these are only two small points in the grand scheme of things but, things which annoy me, as a casual gamer.

I'll be honest, as I'm more of a casual gamer I can say that many of the issues with the AI haven't effected my enjoyment of the game. In fact, if the opposition is bowled out for less than 100 I'm overjoyed, as it gives me at least half a chance of winning a game. I understand that gamers, who are also serious cricket supporters, demand that AI in the game is as accurate as it can be but, to the more casual gamer other issues will more important. For example:

What has really bugged me since I first started playing the game, has been the continual knocking off of the bails by players recieving a throw from the outfield.
Why is this still an issue with the game?
Why are the stumps never knocked out of the ground by a delivery from 22 yards away travelling at 95 mph, but they are by a throw from the boundary?
I agree that these are only two small points in the grand scheme of things but, things which annoy me, as a casual gamer

How does this effect the outcome of a match?

AI performance does, and that why I think it should take precedence IMO.

My point was that, as I'm someone who won't spend hours and hours playing the game, it's the little things which effect me personally. Sure, to most people who frequent the PC forum the AI is THE major issue, but to many people who are just casual gamers, and not nessesarily huge cricket fans, it's the small things that are almost immediately apparent that will annoy.
I'm happy to play the odd 10 or 20 over game as a bit of fun, so the issue that most people have with the AI isn't that apparent.
Perhaps in the next edition of DBC a 'arcade' option would be a good idea, with all the things that attract people to 20/20 games, in an effort to make cricket more appealing for the masses.

Another small point. I've noticed that on many occasions the ball doesn't carry to the wicket keeper, sometimes even bouncing twice off a pace man bowling at 90 mph. I hope after the next patch there is more 'carry' otherwise the increased edges will have no effect because the ball still won't reach the keeper or the slips.
An option to move the keeper and slips closer to the wicket would be welcome especially on slower, lower pitches.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread