Bangladesh Tri-Series

why sarfraz ahmed instead of akmal?.... akmal is doing really good he is very good wicket keeper and he can bat very well... may be sarfraz can play against bangladesh...

He said for ODIs, but even still I'd disagree (shock horror :eek:). He just hasn't played up to his potential or ability in ODIs, the main picture painted by him in his career so far, I guess.

Karthik has been batting lowerd down the order-hardly got enough chances.But still that is no reason to say that Karthik isnt good.
He'll get his chance if Dhoni is unfit,can't reallt see Uthappa keeping.

I am hoping for Bangladesh and Pakistan to thrash India so that they realise how important Ganguly and Dravid are.

That will never happen. I can assure you.

Even if we did lose badly, thats not a reason to bring them back.

I believe that this Tri Series and the Asia Cup will be a massive test for Praveen Kumar, to see if his lack of height and pace becomes an issue. In Australia, the quick, bouncy pitches could have hidden his lack of pace and bounce.

Karthik has been batting lowerd down the order-hardly got enough chances.But still that is no reason to say that Karthik isnt good.
He'll get his chance if Dhoni is unfit,can't reallt see Uthappa keeping.

Parthiv will be in :D

BCCI should have thought about their players.They will be very tired after the IPL and they will not be able to perform their 100%.

I am hoping for Bangladesh and Pakistan to thrash India so that they realise how important Ganguly and Dravid are.

I'm sorry, where you hiding a big rock when the Commonwealth Bank Series was going on? We've shown that we can beat the best, in their own backyard with this squad, so why are they still so important to us?

I'm sorry, where you hiding a big rock when the Commonwealth Bank Series was going on? We've shown that we can beat the best, in their own backyard with this squad, so why are they still so important to us?

Theres two possibilities with that statement -

One is, he was hiding a big rock somewhere, and so therefore in your opinion, missed the CB Series.

Two, you might be asking where he is hiding a big rock, and implying that he was doing it during the CB Series.

For Pakistan, I would certainly like to have this starting XI. They should give some opportunities to some youngsters.

1) Salman Butt
2) Nasir Jamshed
3) Younus Khan
4) *Shoaib Malik
5) Misbah-ul-Haq
6) Fawad Alam
7) +Sarfraz Ahmed
8) Mansoor Amjad
9) Umar Gul
10) Sohail Khan
11) Wahab Riaz

You forgot Sohail Tanvir and Mohammad Asif.. Our line up should be:

1) Salman Butt
2) Nasir Jamshed/Fawad Alam (Akmal to Open)
3) Younus Khan
4) Mohammad Yousuf
5) Shoaib Malik*
6) Misbah Ul-Haq
7) Shahid Afridi
8) Kamran Akmal
9) Sohail Tanvir
10) Umar Gul
11) Mohammad Asif/Sohail Khan

that should be a perfectly balanced line up. 3 pacers, 2/3 Spinners. Batting line up goes to #9. Plenty of flexibility, Afridi can always be sent in to try to boost the RR anytime.

Both are not important. In fact both are past their prime, and its only their egos which is not allowing them to call it a day and put their feet up. Especially in India, the star players dont know when to retire and invariably prolong their careers at the expense of the country's success. In fact, Sachin can also retire but may be he can be the guy to transition the current youngsters into a moulded outfit.

saisrini80 added 1 Minutes and 52 Seconds later...

yuvi needs to be dropped he hasnt been in good form

I agree. Yuvraj needs a tonic and dropping could be one. But how often will he go through this 'amazing patch, then bad patch, then dropped, then amazing patch, bad patch....". He has never been steady throughout. He has a prolonged period of great form in 2006 and I thought that would be the coronation of Yuvraj as one of India's premier batsman. But he doesnt handle success properly.

saisrini80 added 1 Minutes and 16 Seconds later...

BCCI should have thought about their players.They will be very tired after the IPL and they will not be able to perform their 100%.

For the BCCI, their relationship with other countries is important rather than the players. I feel somewhere or the other in the future, things are going to reach a peak and we might see some drastic solution being taken. The players fearing a shortened career will rebel.

I wouldnt be surprised if India wins the Tri-Series and the Asia Cup and gets whitewashed by Aus at home,the players simply havent got time to rest.

Users who are viewing this thread