Bangladesh Tri-Series

Only way to fit Raina in is by putting Gambhir in the other opening slot, and Raina at 3.

That would be good. Or you can also have Uthappa open with Sehwag and have Raina at No.6

V Sehwag
G Gambhir
S Raina
Y Singh
MS Dhoni
R Uthappa
I Pathan
P Chawla
S Sreesanth/RP Singh
I Sharma

There is no chance that Rohit Sharma will be dropped, I don't want him to be dropped either.

There is no chance that Rohit Sharma will be dropped, I don't want him to be dropped either.

Oopsy.. I forgot Rohit Sharma. Then I think Raina has no place in the side, until some one is injured or doesnt hit form.

Uthappa should not play in the XI. Teach that guy a lesson - get back into shape and focus on the actual cricket.

1) Gambhir
2) Sehwag
3) Rohit Sharma
4) Yuvraj
5) Dhoni (C+)
6) Suresh Raina
7) Irfan Pathan
8) Piyush Chawla
9) Sreesanth
10) Ishant Sharma
11) Pragyan Ojha

12th) Yusuf Pathan

Stop overworking Dhoni! Dinesh Karthik may be a pretty damn poor ODI batsman, but he can keep and help take the load off Dhoni for a pretty pointless couple of series. RP Singh playing instead of Munaf Patel is a silly move, RP has been underperforming at ODI level for a while now and Munaf had two good CB performances before his poor performance against Sri Lanka which got him dropped. I expect India to go with this as a starting XI:

KKD- a damn poor batsman ? Whats got into you ? He might not be like Dhoni,but he's a damn good bat,mind you.The only reason why you feel he hasnt been good is coz he hasnt got enough chances.
I agree that Dhoni could have been rested,but no way that KKD is bad.

Secondly,well we all know you are a big fan of Dadji.To talk of RP underperforming,could you please back it up ?
RP never played in the CB-Series,so I really do not know which series you are taking into consideration. Also,Munaf was only the replacment to RP then.And I believe we need to look beyond a particular set of bowlers-Say,give Balaji yet another chance.

Yes, he's lost focus. He's gained alot of weight, plays too many show boat shots, and really needs to concentrate on his cricket more.

Sad that Karthik wasn't included. Dhoni should've just gone home and given Sehwag captaincy or something.

Got to feel for the young blokes that have fired in the IPL, though.

Let him gain or lose weight,he has to be there.Don't take the IPL performances into account-T20 is just slam-bang.
Dhoni going home-the captaincy would have gone to Yuvraj with Rohit Sharma as the vice-captain.Clearly the selectors should have taken the FTP into account before deciding on the squad composition.

Uthappa should not play in the XI. Teach that guy a lesson - get back into shape and focus on the actual cricket.

I seriously don't see anything wrong with his shape. He has been a bit dramatic lately, but it's 2020, what do you expect?

I believe that he is focused, and will get the job done, when the ODIs come round.

I seriously don't see anything wrong with his shape. He has been a bit dramatic lately, but it's 2020, what do you expect?

I believe that he is focused, and will get the job done, when the ODIs come round.

in australia he didnt perform

in australia he didnt perform

When he opened, he was part of crucial partnerships with Sachin which saw through the new ball, especially against Lee. So, he did play a crucial part in the team's victory.

Plus, he made that fifty also. But, in the end, you cannot make a fully committed call because he did not get a sufficient amount of innings where he got to actually build an innings.

Last edited:
For Pakistan, I would certainly like to have this starting XI. They should give some opportunities to some youngsters.

1) Salman Butt
2) Nasir Jamshed
3) Younus Khan
4) *Shoaib Malik
5) Misbah-ul-Haq
6) Fawad Alam
7) +Sarfraz Ahmed
8) Mansoor Amjad
9) Umar Gul
10) Sohail Khan
11) Wahab Riaz

KKD- a damn poor batsman ? Whats got into you ? He might not be like Dhoni,but he's a damn good bat,mind you.The only reason why you feel he hasnt been good is coz he hasnt got enough chances.
I agree that Dhoni could have been rested,but no way that KKD is bad.

He said for ODIs, but even still I'd disagree (shock horror :eek:). He just hasn't played up to his potential or ability in ODIs, the main picture painted by him in his career so far, I guess.

After watching Raina today I've just got to give him a go in my starting XI.

Ghambir
Yusuf
Raina
Yuvraj
Sharma
Uthappa
Dhoni
Irfan
Piyush
Praveen
Ishant

I think that looks really good.

For Pakistan, I would certainly like to have this starting XI. They should give some opportunities to some youngsters.

1) Salman Butt
2) Nasir Jamshed
3) Younus Khan
4) *Shoaib Malik
5) Misbah-ul-Haq
6) Fawad Alam
7) +Sarfraz Ahmed
8) Mansoor Amjad
9) Umar Gul
10) Sohail Khan
11) Wahab Riaz

just a question
if malik didnt try out young blood against the likes of zimbabwe, do u think hell try it out against india?

Drop Yuvraj, Irfan and Chawla. :mad:

Users who are viewing this thread