Bangladesh v India - 2 Test Matches, January 2010

it's not the first time he's mouthed off like a prat, he was a bit of git about NZ wasn't he howsie.

he eventually made a prat of himself in the tests there, trying score 50 ball tons or something and got out early all except one innings.

It's very tough for NZ bowlers to stop me - Sehwag | Cricket News | New Zealand v India 2008-09 | Cricinfo.com

Sort of, he did have good reason to say that after scoring his 100 in Hamilton though :p

He does come across as a arrogant punk it must be said.

Absolutely!
Spoken like a guy who is mad that he averages 11.5 against the "ordinary side".
Sounds like he was on something when he did this interview.

Yeah, he has played 15-20 games against them and has averaged 11.5 right?:sarcasm:laugh 2 games and 11.5 average and you speak as if a major catastrophe has happened.

Yeah, he has played 15-20 games against them and has averaged 11.5 right?:sarcasm:laugh 2 games and 11.5 average and you speak as if a major catastrophe has happened.

seeing as how he is "the best batsman of the decade" or "one of the best batsman of the decade" playing against one of the worst teams that the majority of the best batsman of this decade dominated. Shouldn't he have gotten a 200 ball 400 or something like that. The great dominator. Maybe Bangladesh actually prepared pitches with movement and Sehwag looked like a fish out of water.

its funny how some you find Siddons comments are harsh. May be thats how he talks too? Thats his nature, thats how he Q&A in press conference?

@ SaiSrini, bad night? chill man. Look at your pitches man. flat as flip = so called #1 team in the world. Aus were actually a #1 side, not by ranking, but by dominating other sides, and by living 17 kinda ████ out of them. Not by playing on flat pitches. We could tell they were #1 side, with out having to look at the table. And they did that for 10+ years. You guys JUST barely became so called "#1" and already started to smack talk. You barely have a decent bowling line up. They havnt even thought about making a decent pitch after that 79 roll over. Talk to me when you get on AUS or OLD WI level, become true #1 side

its funny how some you find Siddons comments are harsh. May be thats how he talks too? Thats his nature, thats how he Q&A in press conference?

@ SaiSrini, bad night? chill man. Look at your pitches man. flat as flip = so called #1 team in the world. Aus were actually a #1 side, not by ranking, but by dominating other sides, and by living 17 kinda ████ out of them. Not by playing on flat pitches. We could tell they were #1 side, with out having to look at the table. And they did that for 10+ years. You guys JUST barely became so called "#1" and already started to smack talk. You barely have a decent bowling line up. They havnt even thought about making a decent pitch after that 79 roll over. Talk to me when you get on AUS or OLD WI level, become true #1 side

Ok, and you can talk to him when you beat a non-depleted side in a test series.

Where did I say that India were the kind of #1 side that Australia or West Indies were? I agree that we dont have champion bowlers (I agreed in that Ian Chappell comments thread). Yet I dont agree that the current Australian and South African test teams are better than India. Or atleast they havent done as well against India to justify that tag. Australia might have been a major force sometime back. THATS NOT THE POINT OF DISCUSSION! Its about Shakib's comment that Aus and SA are better test sides than India (he means the current sides). We have a more than decent bowling lineup (not champion though!) of Zaheer, Sreesanth, Ishant, Harbhajan, Ojha, Mishra. Sreesanth is a good test bowler and so is Zaheer. Harbhajan and Ojha did well against Sri Lanka and both have good reputations.

I was disagreeing with Shakib's comment, thats all.

Last edited:
I know what the discussion is. I know you dont agree with Shakib, and you were trying to prove why he is wrong. And I just stated the fact WHY India isnt #1, while you were pointing out why India IS #1. I never said you said India is Aus or WI kinda #1 side. But i said to earn that #1 tag, to be true #1 side they gotta be like how Aus were.

And as we cant agree on who's better, SA or IND, we might just have to wait till they play each other again. But NOT on a flat pitch

Yeah sure, but over the past year India have played some really good test cricket even outside the subcontinent (in New Zealand. Now if NZ didnt prepare good wickets, its their problem) to earn their right to the current No. 1 tag in test matches. We are the current #1 and there isnt any unfair angle to the current ranking of India.

Did India really play good test cricket in New Zealand, beating us 1-0 in a three match series is hardly playing top test cricket. Fair enough it could of been 2-0 if not for the rain in Wellington, but the ridiculous captaincy is probably more of a reason for not winning that test.

toss at 10.40 local time. Play will start at 11.

20 min l8er

MacLovin added 6 Minutes and 5 Seconds later...

Toss: Shakib Al Hasan has won the toss and Bangladesh will bowl.

WT!?

MacLovin added 14 Minutes and 43 Seconds later...

aww kid making debut

MacLovin added 1 Minutes and 1 Seconds later...

and he is gona bowl the 1st ball too? damn

1st ball was a good one too, made Gambhir play and miss it by a whisker.

Dare added 0 Minutes and 29 Seconds later...

btw can the mods pin this?

Dare added 5 Minutes and 15 Seconds later...

here comes Shahadat Hossain aka Monica Seles. Grunting like he is bowling 150 not 128.

LOL not for Shahdat though.. is he bowling with his old action?

and nice 1st over from Shafi

MacLovin added 0 Minutes and 50 Seconds later...

here comes Shahadat Hossain aka Monica Seles. Grunting like he is bowling 150 not 128.

Sharpova you mean

where you watchin it?

MacLovin added 2 Minutes and 10 Seconds later...

thats the same guy who used to bowl near 90 mph? jezz WTG coach Chapmakakaka Rayagaga

Shafi Islam`s action reminds me of a young Javagal Srinath.

THATS WHO!!! i knew some 1 had this similar kinda action! ^^

they keeps bowling that incutter to Sehwag. lol i bet Mashrafe told these 2 to do that.

MacLovin added 0 Minutes and 36 Seconds later...

lucky SehtheWag.

keep it up Shafi

Users who are viewing this thread