Bangladesh v India - 2 Test Matches, January 2010

Sehwag showing absolutely no class at all in that entire interview tbh, -1 on the respecto metre.

it's not the first time he's mouthed off like a prat, he was a bit of git about NZ wasn't he howsie.

he eventually made a prat of himself in the tests there, trying score 50 ball tons or something and got out early all except one innings.

well Zims had knack of beating India so I dont see why Bangladesh cannot do that.

Sehwag will get out for 0 because he'll be looking to get a 100 ball triple century. I don't know if it will bite the entire team in the ass, but I'm fairly sure it will bite Sehwag.

I wish Mashrafe was here. Last time 1 of the Indian players opened his big mouth like that, (Ahem, ahem Kumble) and they got killed by Mashrafe. I really wish he was here.

It may be true, that they cant get 20 Indian wickets. but you better show some respect. its cricket, and its funny game. It's got a funny way of bitting back

Ponting did something similar when Aussies were in Bangladesh and they ended up doing everything possible to save the 1st test.

Playing XI announced

1. Tamim Iqbal
2. Imrul Kayes
3. Shahriar Nafees
4. Mohammad Ashraful
5. Roqibul Hasan
6. Shakib Al Hasan
7. Mushfiqur Rahim
8. Mahmudullah
9. Shahadat Hossain
10. Rubel Hossain
11. Shafiul Islam

1 comebacker and 1 new guy

Not bad at all from Sehwag. Should charge up Bangladesh if at all for anything positive. He spoke the truth. Respect, my foot! The problem with most people in this world is, they want to be all buttered up.

When Sri Lanka couldnt take 20 wickets against us on the subcontinental pitches, Bangladesh have no chance at all. Now someone will come and say "why doesnt he say such things against sides like england, west indies, etc". Well England and WI's history is completely different from Bangladesh in that they are/were good teams (England now is a very good test team). With regards to Bangladesh, people were only recently talking about the decision to give them test status at a time when test cricket is under 'supposed' threat.

Even if Bangladesh win a test against us in this series, I wont blame Sehwag at all. If Bangladesh win against us, it will truly be a special and unexpected performance (Sehwag will start giving respect from then on).

Last edited:
Sehwag spoke the truth, if SRL struggled against us,then obviously the Bangladeshis will.And it has is well known that Sehwag isnt too great during his press-conferences.
Probably Sehwag mentioned it cause the WC 2007 defeat is still playing on his mind.

Though I must say that Jamie Siddons was a bit too harsh to use the kind of language he used in the conference there.

Playing XI announced

1. Tamim Iqbal
2. Imrul Kayes
3. Shahriar Nafees
4. Mohammad Ashraful
5. Roqibul Hasan
6. Shakib Al Hasan
7. Mushfiqur Rahim
8. Mahmudullah
9. Shahadat Hossain
10. Rubel Hossain
11. Shafiul Islam

1 comebacker and 1 new guy

pretty much exactly the team I'd have liked to see them select. shame mortaza isn't there but they can't do anything about that.

Sehwag spoke the truth, if SRL struggled against us,then obviously the Bangladeshis will.And it has is well known that Sehwag isnt too great during his press-conferences.
Probably Sehwag mentioned it cause the WC 2007 defeat is still playing on his mind.

Though I must say that Jamie Siddons was a bit too harsh to use the kind of language he used in the conference there.

Absolutely!

Also WC 2007 was an ODI, we are playing tests here over the next few weeks. Pulling off a surprise is very hard (next to impossible) in tests for sides like Bangladesh against top sides in the world like India, South Africa, Australia, etc. Mind you, India's test form in the last year has been superb and justifies their recent No. 1 ranking (although we have to beat big sides in their den to be long term No. 1, but for the short term we are justified being there). I hear Bangladesh are preparing batting tracks for this series. With the kind of batting strength that we have, maybe they will not be able to get us all out even if they bowl at us for 10 days at a trot. I expect atleast one of the seniors to notch up a double hundred on this tour (Sachin should notch up atleast one century, or else it will be very embarassing for him)

Shakib hits back - South Africa, Australia are better test teams than India
Bangla skipper hits back at Sehwag's taunt: Cricket Next

Yeah Shakib, Australia beat us 2-0 when they recently toured India, right:sarcasm? The series that they won in Australia in 2007-08, they themselves know that it should have been 1-1 (the Sydney fiasco) or even worse 2-1 (Symonds nick off Ishant was very early in that test and that guy hit a hundred). SA have not been able to finish off games after being so close to victory. They are staring at a series defeat against England (though they look in control in the final test, England have been great escapers in recent times). England is a better test side than South Africa.

Would love to see Sehwag bat until Shakib comes in and then smash the hell out of him. RAP HIM HARD VEERU! DESTROY HIM!!!!:mad::D

P.s: Waiting for someone to come here and say "Geez, these Indians just dont stop whining" or something similar.:p

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread