Bangladesh v India - 2 Test Matches, January 2010

thats the same guy who used to bowl near 90 mph? jezz WTG coach Chapmakakaka Rayagaga

Disappointing really that a guy like him, tall with a solid build lost so much pace in such a small time.

Come on take that catch get this dude out.

lol Shahadat already out of the attack.

Did India really play good test cricket in New Zealand, beating us 1-0 in a three match series is hardly playing top test cricket. Fair enough it could of been 2-0 if not for the rain in Wellington, but the ridiculous captaincy is probably more of a reason for not winning that test.

Would be a tad harsh to blame the captaincy at Wellington. Fair enough, he could`ve declared a bit early but it has a lot to do with Indian teams in the past not winning a lot of test matches overseas. You saw that with Dravid at the Oval in 2007 when India could`ve easily made it a 2-0 series win had they enforced the follow on but Dravid played safe and India settled for a 1-0 series win in England which although was a huge achievement, did not sound as good as a 2-0 win which we could`ve easily acheived enforcing a follow on.
Now that we are winning quite consistently abroad, you would expect to see that attitude slowly changing.

Disappointing really that a guy like him, tall with a solid build lost so much pace in such a small time.

Come on take that catch get this dude out.

lol Shahadat already out of the attack.

Ya pretty disappointing.

bowling change. and thats a slap on the face of Shahdat

I know what the discussion is. I know you dont agree with Shakib, and you were trying to prove why he is wrong. And I just stated the fact WHY India isnt #1, while you were pointing out why India IS #1. I never said you said India is Aus or WI kinda #1 side. But i said to earn that #1 tag, to be true #1 side they gotta be like how Aus were.

And as we cant agree on who's better, SA or IND, we might just have to wait till they play each other again. But NOT on a flat pitch

So is this how it works. If SA beats India on a green wicket which clearly is better suited to SA, they are the deserved No.1 whereas if India beat them on a wicket remotely assisting spin, they are`nt deserved No.1.
Also, if you say we play a lot on flat wickets and win, then our bowlers must be far more skillful than you guys make it look like. Flat wickets are supposed to be flat for both sides, anywhere in the world. A flat wicket at Adelaide is no different to one at Mohali. Neither side has an advantage on flat wickets. Getting 20 wickets on a flat track (different to a turner) is far more difficult as you`d know.

Australia lost 2-0 to India last time around on pitches that were`nt turning tracks. They did not give either side a distinct advantage and the Indian seaomers got 20+ wickets in that series. Can`t see how it falls into the traditional stereotype of India only winning when they play on rank turners.

Why should we believe that SA/Aus are more deserved No.1 side till they win in Indian conditions? Turning Tracks = Green Tracks and winning on one is`nt far more creditable than the other. India winning on turning tracks is no different to SA on green pitches.

Last edited:
and Shahdat mis-fields..4 runs

runs coming easy

MacLovin added 12 Minutes and 31 Seconds later...

shame how the new kid doing so much with the ball, and on the other side ...

Users who are viewing this thread