Bangladesh v India - 2 Test Matches, January 2010

they can always go with 1 extra bat. in WI Tamim open with Imrul and Siddique came at #3. they could send SN #3. he has been playing #3 in 1st class. but these dont matter, b/c when i look at the Indian batting line up it feels like they could bat for 5 days.

Iqbal
Kayes
Nafees
Ashraful
R Hasan
Riyad
S Hasan (c)
Rahim (wk)
Mortaza (if fit)
S Hossain
R Hossain

i got ride of Jr. he is no good v quality team. Indians wont have any trouble facing him. Shakib and Riayd can do the spin, you dont need extra spinner. Shakib should work more on his bowling, and Riyad should work more with his bat. i wanna see Riyad bat before Shaki.

Hmm, that's a good line up. I would make Raqibul and Fool to change positions and sideline pace sensation given both Mashrafe and Nazmul are fit.

For India, it would be almost the same XI that played against Sri Lanka in the tests except that Gambhir comes back in place of Vijay.

Gambhir
Sehwag
Dravid
Sachin
Yuvraj
Dhoni
Laxman
Harbhajan
Ojha
Zaheer
Sreesanth

^^see what i am saying? that line up could bat for whole 4 days
Hmm, that's a good line up. I would make Raqibul and Fool to change positions and sideline pace sensation given both Mashrafe and Nazmul are fit.

i would go with 3 seamer.

For India, it would be almost the same XI that played against Sri Lanka in the tests except that Gambhir comes back in place of Vijay.

Gambhir
Sehwag
Dravid
Sachin
Yuvraj
Dhoni
Laxman
Harbhajan
Ojha
Zaheer
Sreesanth

Lax at 7? Nah, Lax at 5.

they can always go with 1 extra bat. in WI Tamim open with Imrul and Siddique came at #3. they could send SN #3. he has been playing #3 in 1st class. but these dont matter, b/c when i look at the Indian batting line up it feels like they could bat for 5 days.

Iqbal
Kayes
Nafees
Ashraful
R Hasan
Riyad
S Hasan (c)
Rahim (wk)
Mortaza (if fit)
S Hossain
R Hossain

i got ride of Jr. he is no good v quality team. Indians wont have any trouble facing him. Shakib and Riayd can do the spin, you dont need extra spinner. Shakib should work more on his bowling, and Riyad should work more with his bat. i wanna see Riyad bat before Shaki.

I don't know the ins and outs of bangladesh cricket but surely Mahmadullah will be in the team given he averaged 15 against the windies and has been showing prowess with the bat? and I think I dunno if Siddique deserves to be dropped.

Definitely bring Nafees back, but maybe opening?

I don't know the ins and outs of bangladesh cricket but surely Mahmadullah will be in the team given he averaged 15 against the windies and has been showing prowess with the bat? and I think I dunno if Siddique deserves to be dropped.

Definitely bring Nafees back, but maybe opening?

Riyad got 8 wickets on his 1st test v WI. But cant say much b/c that WI team was weak vs the spin. Should have gotten 10, but Shakib for some reason didnt let him. (jealousy?)

on the 2nd test he got 4 wickets, but again he was under-bowled. Shakib over-bowled himself. So that indicates something about that...

Siddique lost it. He is nothing like when he 1st came in. SN is the only choice. I say let SN play on the last ODI, with Mash and Sharpova. See where he is, and how he is doing. and if he does play the test, he should bat at #3.

LOL we were agreeing to the same thing. i was saying why "Riyad" should be there, and you were saying how "Mahmadullah" will be picked even with low avg! :rtfl

Riayd is his last name. Mahmud-ullah Riyad. idk why cricinfo only says Mahmadullah. kinda odd.

Gambhir
Sehwag
Dravid
Sachin
Yuvraj
Dhoni
Laxman
Harbhajan
Ojha
Zaheer
Sreesanth
What kind of logic would have Laxman batting after Yuvraj and Dhoni? VVS has gotta come at at least 5.

Did we name a full squad for this series? I was hoping to see a couple of the rookies come in for a couple of matches.

i would go with 3 seamer.

Yeah I would go with 3 seamers as well sidelining pace sensation if both Mashrafe and Nazmul are fit and Sharapova being the 3rd seamer but if either of them are not fit I would have no choice but to pick pace sensation.

I was hoping to see a couple of the rookies come in for a couple of matches.

No need to experiment with the team and let us all enjoy the Rank 1 stature while we can. It won't last much long anyway and then we can make as many experiments as we like. :)

i never thought india would rest sachin, lets be honest, they would quite like him tallying numbers 44 and 45 here purely for posterity.

be interesting to see how sehwag goes, when he's played weaker teams he's gone over board trying to murder them and been quite an easy wicket.

Why the hell is Sachin playing this series. People will only complain if he gets centuries like he only scores them against weak bowlers and on flat tracks.

Users who are viewing this thread