Bangladesh v India - 2 Test Matches, January 2010

Great innings by Mahmadullah. I was finger crossed whether Rubel would be able to survive. Poor luck but managed to take his team to a good total which was out of reach.

He still bowled his usual stuff. Its just that he was bowling to batsman in T20 mode and then struggled when Bangladesh lower order offered resistance.

Dude, are you blind? Get over your Ishant hate. I bet you would say the same thing if he took 10/74. He bowled really well. Give credit where credit is due. Resistance is a part and parcel of cricket. The same thing has happened to many great bowlers. We would not have even been in a position to bowl them out for under 250 and within the first day if not for Ishant's bowling (combined with the others' efforts obviously).

At no. 8 , but again if he's promoted up the order he will fail like the others. I bet if Ashraful's pushed down the order he can do much better than this.
He might as well, because he does no justice to the position he has. The top order looks like it has more talent, but they often bat more like tailenders than the batsmen at 6, 7 and 8. Mushfiqur Rahim is Bangladesh's leading runs scorer in the last 2 years. You can be sure that this is because of his patient approach, not because of his flashy shots. They might not be able to pick better players, but they can encourage these batsmen down the order who are doing the right things.

Wow great bowling by our new ball bowlers! :sarcasm

I understand your frustration, but it's not easy for for new ball bowlers to bowl to Sehwag. They guy smacks you around even if you're bolwing a good length just outside off stump. The bowling wasn't that bad, it was just Sehwag.

I understand your frustration, but it's not easy for for new ball bowlers to bowl to Sehwag. They guy smacks you around even if you're bolwing a good length just outside off stump. The bowling wasn't that bad, it was just Sehwag.

Well what makes it even more frustrating cause the new ball is the time when you have the best chances of picking up wickets and our bowlers failed, also I don't think the spinners can trouble Indian batsman even if it's turning big. I don't think the bowlers bowled too well either so it's a combination of good opening batting and poor new ball bowling. If you compare our bowlers with Zaheer, then they have been very ordinary indeed.

The first delivery by Shafiul was a cracker but then they couldn't carry on bowling in that channel consistently and on the other hand, Zaheer wasn't getting much swing but he consistently hit the right areas and got the ball to nip around so again when Bangladesh were batting it was exactly opposite cause it was a combination of good new ball bowling and terribly ordinary batting.

Dude, are you blind? Get over your Ishant hate. I bet you would say the same thing if he took 10/74. He bowled really well. Give credit where credit is due. Resistance is a part and parcel of cricket. The same thing has happened to many great bowlers. We would not have even been in a position to bowl them out for under 250 and within the first day if not for Ishant's bowling (combined with the others' efforts obviously).

:laugh

Watch the match and then say this. 4 wickets do not mean he bowled well.

Jason Krejca took 80% of his test wickets in his first game. That does not mean he bowled unbelievable in that match.

Jason Krejca took 80% of his test wickets in his first game. That does not mean he bowled unbelievable in that match.

I did watch the match. You are just so skeptical of Indian bowling that you can't even appreciate when they do well.

Maybe you should watch the match.

There's a time and place for criticizing the Indian bowling attack and it's out of place here because they haven't done anything wrong. Mahmudullah batted very well and has become known as thorn for quite sometime now. He showed that in the tri-series as well.

Last edited:
Shafiul batted longer then our top order.

Riyad deserved a 100 here. IDK if they should promote him up the order, what if he fails too? but he is in good touch though... if he keeps it up, he will bat at #3 in ODI

so far i checked the score 3 times, and a batsman got out. 1st Tamim, then Musfiq, then Shakib...

i told myself i am Kufa so stop watching. and every time i went to CI something dumb happened...i am outta here..

like i said earlier, bangladesh always crap on the 2nd test. with that Kamal or w/e guy pointing figure, i thought BD players would show up in the game and prove him wrong. but they are rather boycotting it...

MacLovin added 1 Minutes and 6 Seconds later...

its funny how you get so confident in your bowlers, then all of a sudden you get all worried and lose confidence on them. its like our batsman

From 53-5, 100 all out is not impossible considering the way they were gifting their wickets. But once Shakib and Mushfiqur rebuilt, 200 looked quite easy and they duly achieved it.

SaiSrini added 1 Minutes and 9 Seconds later...

This match is enough proof to put away Ishant and Bhajji for good from test side.

Soon Yuvi will show that reason too.

Ishant has got 4 wickets. He has done well in this series to continue against SA.

SaiSrini added 2 Minutes and 59 Seconds later...

I was watching the game too. Ishant's rhythm seemed to be back. He was getting good bounce of the track and posed tough questions to the batsmen in that first session. The wicket eased in the second session and so the batsmen are bound to score some runs, but still he came back and picked up 2 more wickets to finish with 4. Even in the first test, he did well. Looks like Ishant is coming back well.

Can anyone explain to me what Ishant has actually done wrong to lose his place from the test side? Dropping him for ODIs I can understand but every time I see him bowl in tests he always looks like picking up wickets.

Zaheer
Sreeshant
Ishant

These three can be as destructive as any other pace bowling combination in the world.

as batsman all around the world would be saying atm "thats a lot bangla players!! you just doctored a dying bowler!!"

Can anyone explain to me what Ishant has actually done wrong to lose his place from the test side? Dropping him for ODIs I can understand but every time I see him bowl in tests he always looks like picking up wickets.

Zaheer
Sreeshant
Ishant

These three can be as destructive as any other pace bowling combination in the world.

Khalex, you are not allowed to say that about an Indian attack.;). I`ve always maintained that our bowling attack is good enough in test cricket and they`ve been good as a unit in test cricket for sometime. Our test match bowling attack may not have superstar or `champion` bowlers like a Wasim or an Ambrose but I don`t remember an occasion when they`ve not utilized the conditions if they were helpful for them.

A lot of the Indian bowling hate here has been due to watching too much of ODI/T20 cricket played on some fattish ODI wickets in the subcontinent. I still maintain that is these group of bowlers you mentioned play more cricket overseas, they`ll do a lot better.

Users who are viewing this thread