Bangladesh v India - 2 Test Matches, January 2010

don't give too much credit to Bangladesh batsmen..yes they played good cricket..but look at our bowlers and fielders.It seems they are playing some friendly match.When ball goes to a fielder..it looks they are not at all inclined in getting direct hits and run outs.:mad:

Shahadat Hossain to get a 50 tomorrow morning

I hope that Bangladesh gets over 200 lead so our Gauti can bring up his 6th consecutive 100 and equal Bradman's record. India is going to win anyways no matter how much they score right now assuming they will score around 350-400. India will still need just 280-300 runs to win and with Sehwag at the crease, it is no problem.
If they get 280-300, I wouldn't rule out an upset. In fact, I'd consider it a lot more 50-50 with a 4th/5th day pitch and a shortened batting line-up. I'd prefer they get Bangladesh out with a lead of 100, at most.

One thing i hate is that Sehwag mostly fails to convert his 40s and 50s into big ones. Sehwag is a type of batsman who you cannot judge if he will go on to make big score or not. he is random at everything. throws his bat at random ball, hits a random shot, and scores randomly instead of consistently.
Actually, Sehwag is usually a very consistent converter. A good batsman usually converts half of their 50's to 100's. Sehwag is at 17 centuries and 20 fifties, which means he's pretty close to that ratio (46%). But he's definitely slipped of late. He used to have 12 centuries and 11 fifties at one point so the last 14 times he's reached fifty, he's only converted 5 into centuries (about 33%). I'll take that, given that 3 of those centuries were doubles/triples.

don't give too much credit to Bangladesh batsmen..yes they played good cricket..but look at our bowlers and fielders.It seems they are playing some friendly match.When ball goes to a fielder..it looks they are not at all inclined in getting direct hits and run outs.:mad:

do you guys ever wanna give any credit to Bangladesh?

- VVS Laxman
- Rahul Dravid
- Sachin Tendulkar
- Yuvraj Singh

Apart from Yuvraj who doesn't really matter to the team anyways, our entire middle order has faced injury during this series. Ahead of such an important tour hosting the Saffers, this is bad news for the Indian camp.

Just hope we can scrape by without any more injuries. Last thing we need is Zak pulling another muscle or Gambhir losing an eyeball or something.

Is VVS out of the South Africa series? How about Dravid (I know he was discharged but they say there is no "long term prognosis")? I know that Yuvraj is out and Sachin is fine.

Well from what I know it's just a broken finger, and they usually take 2-6 weeks to heal. I would put my money on him being fit for the series but he may miss the first test.

Yuvraj is out? :banana2

I'm not so sure about Dravid. It was a nasty blow and he's got a few fractures in the jaw. I think he'll miss the first test for sure.

He has sustained fracture in his jaw. It should definitely take 3-4 weeks to heal and only after that can he start to play again. I am guessing that Dravid might be out for the entire series against SA. Laxman should run close to being available for the first test itself. Yuvraj wont be there for the first test (hope the same for the 2nd test too). Sachin should be there for all tests.

We will need backup for Dravid and Yuvraj for the SA test series.

Dravid Sachin you dont need to worry about, VVS will be out for a while.

Dravid was discharged from the hospital

MacLovin added 0 Minutes and 31 Seconds later...

Dravid was discharged from the hospital yesterday

it would be really interesting seeing india chase 250. REALLY interesting. I mean, they should be able to do it but...

but bangladesh's bowlers aren't doing too bad at all here. bowled better than their figures have suggested, bit of sloppy fielding has let them down. The pressure that would be on you to avert a loss to bangladesh would perhaps be worse than chasing 350 to win a series in australia.

it's is a looooong way to 250 though.

India need to pick wickets quickly here. Or else, they could stare at a major upset. With two batsmen down, we would be challenged to chase down a total of 200+ on a final day pitch.

Dravid was discharged from the hospital

MacLovin added 0 Minutes and 31 Seconds later...

Dravid was discharged from the hospital yesterday

Being discharged from the hospital doesn't mean anything. It just means it's not serious but he might still have to rest for 5 or so weeks.

Being discharged from the hospital doesn't mean anything. It just means it's not serious but he might still have to rest for 5 or so weeks.

Yeah. I am quite certain that he might have to stay out of the game for a month or so (4-6 weeks). Which means he might miss the whole series.

it would be really interesting seeing india chase 250. REALLY interesting. I mean, they should be able to do it but...

but bangladesh's bowlers aren't doing too bad at all here. bowled better than their figures have suggested, bit of sloppy fielding has let them down. The pressure that would be on you to avert a loss to bangladesh would perhaps be worse than chasing 350 to win a series in australia.

it's is a looooong way to 250 though.

yup 250 is pretty far. i wont expect much. for what we know, we still havent avoid the innings defeat.

Tamim should have hang around till the stumps yesterday. only 6 balls more...

Users who are viewing this thread