Bangladesh v India - 2 Test Matches, January 2010

Sachin opts out of the tri-series:clap and Rohit Sharma is brought in:doh. Yuvraj is retained, Sreesanth and Dinda come in for Ishant and Praveen, and KKD is the 2nd keeper going to Bangladesh. In my opinion, Yuvraj could also have opted out and got his finger injury completely cured before he comes back. Sachin's absence makes it easy for Kohli to play in the XI along with the allrounder Jadeja.

Good that Sachin has opted out, he should now play only imp series, as he wants to play till 2011 World Cup, he should skip few lesser imp series/matches (that's what I feel)...

Nikhil,

We all saw how well playing the seconds worked when the West Indies hosted Bangladesh - it turned up new talent like Roach, for a start.

This is the end of the road for Badrinath, as far as I'm concerned. If he can't get into a Test squad against Bangladesh, then there's not much hope in him having an Indian Test career.

Indian selectors need to be kicked really.Badri deserves a place in the side.Didn't picked him even against Bangladesh is pathetic from them.

Hard luck for Badri. Two keepers for two test series? Selectors are just avoiding him. Badri is far more better than KKD and Yuvaraj in tests. I feel sad for Indian test team. We missed a player who could be the mainstay of our batting lineup in next 1-2 years.

As sohum says, its basically over for Badri unless a miracle happens. And its disgusting since Kris Srikkanth (the guy expected to favor guys like Badri) is ditching him. Arey bhai, atleast show the regional bias to the right deserving guy. What axe do you have to grind against Badrinath? He has been giving chances to guys like Vijay, Karthik, etc but not to Badri. It seems they are worried that if Badri gets a chance and scores big, it would mean Yuvraj cant be fitted into the test side and they dont want that to happen.

Badri should keep performing in domestic, you never know. Srikanth was confirmed an idiot the way he disrespected Dravid, so Badri's ignorance is not surprising me. Maybe if we keep constantly losing enough games they'll remove him as chairman of selections for good.

Comeon Bangladesh. Do the miracle. Win the series. You have the potential to do it.

What is wrong with you? Just because Badri wasn't selected? He is one player. One player can never be bigger than the team. Should he have been Ganguly's replacement? Yes. But he wasn't and Yuvraj is. Yuvraj hasn't done too much wrong as of yet.

But you have to agree that Yuvraj is getting unfair advantage. What's the point of playing and Performing good at domestic level if you are to be neglected every time?

But you have to agree that Yuvraj is getting unfair advantage. What's the point of playing and Performing good at domestic level if you are to be neglected every time?
He's hardly the first solid domestic cricketer to be ignored by the system. Amol Muzumdar, anyone? The bloke was one of the most solid run-scorers in the 90's yet no international cap. Not even in one of those one-off ODI's that they gave to Badri.

To rally for the opposition because of one player is extremely distasteful and one of the reasons I still dislike the Eden Garden's crowd (booing the Indians and cheering the South Africans in a Test match because Ganguly was dropped).

Users who are viewing this thread