Bangladesh v India - 2 Test Matches, January 2010

Haha Sehwag gone. He just lack Patience. Six off second ball and out on the last one. Sakib is turning the ball magically.

Doesn't matter, I don't think. He's given the team the start it needs. India are looking at setting a target of around 400-450 now.

I'd like to congratulate the curator for the great job he's done on the pitch.

There's been bounce for the quicks, turn for the spinners, and if you bat well, there's runs in the pitch.

Ian Whitchurch

I necessarily now don't think India could lose this from here, they have to keep their bats going till Day 4 at or near the third session, or thereabouts. But what they really need to wrap up the game is to post a good score, Here they have got a bonus 122 off the last session, and if they could manage 200 runs or if more possibly, it's more than the ask, that would put India into the driver's seat to grab few wickets, never underestimate though, Bangla could do something probably they never thought of.

Day 5, with Bangla batting can crack up chances for India, Massive unusual turn, skidding, and difference in bounce, 3 seamers, Amit warneybee Mishra(!), They need to watch out and give their best to draw the game, at least.

Bangladesh vs. Sri Lanka 1st test 2008

Conditions here are similar to that game so India cannot relax. They must make sure they get to a lead of 400+ and cause I think 300-350 is chasable considering the way the pitch has played today and it's only going to get better.

Last edited:
It was never about 20 wickets. Getting India in that position was more then 20 wickets. If it wasnt for Sachin's drop catch at 16 and him making total use of it, Bangladesh would have over 100 runs lead by now.
Playing with hypotheticals again? How do you know ZaK wouldn't have picked up a hat-trick in the first over if Sachin had been out for 16? The answer is you don't.

Good fightback from Bangladesh who looked like they'd be bundled out for about 150. India need to push on tomorrow and maybe make a late declaration. It would also be nice to have a full day's play.

Wait which motherflipper had dropped Sachin on 16? :mad:

EDIT: It was Imrul Kayes, I am not surprised

Last edited:
Mishra 24 from 21 balls? India should aim for 500 man!!!

Sree was really costly but he got the wickets, and so did Zaheer, Ishant and Mishra. Maybe we should not have let them get that close to our total, but still we did pretty decently. Hope Mishra bats for longer time and we hit 450+ lead at the end of tomorrow and let Bangladesh chase down 450 on the final day (and we hope we can get 10 wkts on the final day). I guess this match is heading for a draw.

No,I'd rather we bat till tea tomorrow,praying hard that there are no more stoppages. In that case,rake up a huge score and insert Bangla in cause we would need to adequate time to get their wickets.

icyman added 2 Minutes and 12 Seconds later...

Day 5, with Bangla batting can crack up chances for India, Massive unusual turn, skidding, and difference in bounce, 3 seamers, Amit warneybee Mishra(!), They need to watch out and give their best to draw the game, at least.

Amit Misra hasnt been gr8 et all. I'd rather ask Tendlkar and Sehwag to bowl on a crumbling 5th day pitch.

Pitch won't be crumbling, I would rather expect it to get better but there will be some turn in the pitch for the spinners as we saw today but I don't think there will be anything for the seamers to work with.

Batting on a 5th day pitch in the subcontinent is always dicey.
And history has it that spinners generally do well regardless of the fact whether or not the pitch is crumbling.

Batting on a 5th day pitch in the subcontinent is always dicey.
And history has it that spinners generally do well regardless of the fact whether or not the pitch is crumbling.

Yup that's what happens usually but I don't think these are typical subcontinent conditions as it is winter here and the temperature is below 10 degree. On the first day there was a bit of moisture on the pitch so as the game progressed it dried up and batting became a bit easier (No wonder why Mahmudullah and Rahim managed to rescue us).

We can refer to this match, conditions were similar and it was played at the same venue. NZ managed to chase down a target of 300+ on day 5 after struggling so much in the first innings against the spinners. Look at Shakib's figures in the game, he was destructive on day one and day 5 he couldn't do much so this pitch might not turn out to be a typical subcontinent track however, I get the feeling even under good batting conditions, Bangladesh will lose all their 10 wickets.

Pitch won't be crumbling, I would rather expect it to get better but there will be some turn in the pitch for the spinners as we saw today but I don't think there will be anything for the seamers to work with.

Pitch wasn't crumbling!! Sure:sarcasm
care to explain how Yuvi was get big turn out there??? Yuvraj is not supposed to spin the ball:spy. It is written in MCC Code.:D

Obviously these bowlers are supposed to carry us through number 1 ranking.

We should have got at least 100 run lead.

Users who are viewing this thread