Group C - ENGLAND, United States, Algeria, Slovenia

Well Slovenia could well qualfy. Was hoping they'd beat USA but they didn't in the end. Such a good game, that was. I reckon it has been one of the best matches to watch this World Cup.

Ye M Blaster. I think their is some solid truth to that statement. Its always about "repeating 1966" every world cup. Its not like we won in 2006 or 1996. The game has really changed totally in the last 44 years.

War added 8 Minutes and 50 Seconds later...

USA beat Spain in that time kthnxbai

Yep. USA always deserve respect, a solid hard-working unit. But they aren't better than the full-strenght croatia ENG smoked 4-1. They dont have a skillful players like Modric, Eduardo, Olic & Kranjcar.

I don't understand why Capello doesn't just go with a 4-5-1/4-3-3.

Well I am not sure about 4-3-3 but certainly 4-5-1 would have been best option. You watch these players whole year in premier league and one can say you hardly find players with better quality and better pace.
I had not thrown this criticism, if England lost to any decent team comprehensively. It was Algeria at the end of the day! On paper England players are far better than any of Algerian player in any department of the game. I am neither a great expert nor a huge Man U fan, but it is very easy to say that Rooney must play as a lonely striker. He is the kind of player who can win matches on his own. Hensky is nothing of a player. No offence, but it is hilarious when he lies down and cry for a foul every now and then. If anybody has to play with Rooney then he should be Crouch. Not just that he has been great scorer for his national team, he is just so good in the air and he would provide better passes to Rooney then Hensky.
People love these types of upsets, but I do not. I love to see great football and without teams like England, France, Germany it is not worth to even watch knock out stages.
At last, if you are talking about Premier league/ Domestic football then Rooney is one of the best players to play in Premier league. But in context of world football he is an average player and he has to prove a lot.

If you want to type the word ‘Luck’ and alphabet ‘U’ is not working on your keyboard then you can type ‘Slovenia’ instead of word luck. They both mean same. It is ridiculous that one lucky goal and a lame refereeing at last qualifying match and they are here in South Africa. And now they can be well in next round. We won 8 games, lost 1 and drawn 3 games out of 12 qualifying games. Slovenia won only 7 games, drawn equal 3 games and lost 2 matches and still they are playing ahead of us.

Last edited:
I haven't watched any of the games. But I heard US got robbed on the last match? What happened?

Lol, another draw. I am glad. Now people will hate soccer here even more. Eng v US, what ever attention and excitement it was able to bring was ended in a tie. No wonder why we think its dumb sports. I just love David Letterman jokes on these...

And 3rd umpire, hot spot, cold butt, hawk eye, green eyes in cricket doesnt sound so bad after all?

YouTube - Top Ten List Reasons Americans Don't Like Soccer on David Letterman HD 1080p
:laugh

A couple of you guys are taking cheap shots at me. It's logical since you've got someone to go after and throw your anger at.

Nevertheless I still find the England team a great team and that they are simply not playing to their potential.

I am hoping that they will Joe Cole in their team. He is a great player and he should be tried.

The strange thing is that Algeria has still a chance to qualify. It will be a big surprise if they go through.

A couple of you guys are taking cheap shots at me. It's logical since you've got someone to go after and throw your anger at.

Nevertheless I still find the England team a great team and that they are simply not playing to their potential.

I am hoping that they will Joe Cole in their team. He is a great player and he should be tried.

The strange thing is that Algeria has still a chance to qualify. It will be a big surprise if they go through.

A very thin chance but they can go through. If Algeria wins against USA and England beats Slovenia then Algeria would get 4 points along with Slovenia. Currently Slovenia has better goal difference so either Algeria has to win with 2 goal margins or England has to beat Slovenia by +2 goals.
Anyway besides these formulas, I feel Slovenia is a luckiest team when it comes to football so finger cross for England. I would not watch remaining of the world cup matches, if Slovenia goes through knock out stages.

Bringing in Crouch in the last 8 minutes is rather bewildering and substituting Lennon for Wright Phillips instead of Joe Cole?? Shocking! Even though I'm not an England fan but Capello is sure making some weird decisions in my opinion.

Last edited:
Bringing in Crouch in last 8 minutes is rather bewildering and substituting Lennon for Wright Phillips instead of Joe Cole?? Even though I'm not an England fan but Capello is sure making some weird decisions in my opinion.

Wright Philips looks completely lost out there. I have never been a fan of Hesky either. He looks so lumbering, like an oil tanker. He works hard but all his holding the ball up or knocking it on, was dreadful. That is why he is supposed to be in the team. If he can't do it he shouldnt be there. If you look at strikers of other teams, they are sleek, quick, and very fast. Our striker is from an era that chucked the ball into the box at every oppertunity, except he is never in the box! Rooney is wasted. He is getting in the way of the mid-field....meh I need to lie down!

I think Rooney performance was slightly below par yesterday! Looked rather frustrated at not being able to find any space in the field. It was just disappointing to see the mid-field work their way through till the edge of the box and then lose possession
:facepalm

Rooney has been disappointing. SWP over Joe Cole was a strange decision too. It's all mental for England now. Surely, Defoe over Heskey in the next game.

England have some quality players, who just need to find their feet out there. They're making a meal out of a group they were supposed to get out of easily. Considering they got past Croatia in qualifying too.

England have good players who never seem to perform for the national side when it is required the most. Its time they did their talking on the pitch. Surely Croatia can't be seen as a benchmark for a team that wants to win the World Cup.

Users who are viewing this thread