Group C - ENGLAND, United States, Algeria, Slovenia

Saw on Skynews just now on TV. A report that Capello will name the team earlier this time. Postive stuff..

In last match against Algeria, Rooney didn't played well. I hope he'll try to do something better.

Cannot believe he is going with Upson instead of Dawson. Why does he constantly go against what the majority of England fans think is best? There's supposedly more changes as well, which is a good thing.

In last match against Algeria, Rooney didn't played well. I hope he'll try to do something better.

Cannot believe he is going with Upson instead of Dawson. Why does he constantly go against what the majority of England fans think is best? There's supposedly more changes as well, which is a good thing.

As well as winning, we need to win with style - so we can send out a bit of a message that we're here for the long haul. I still can't believe how much this England team is underachieving.

Dont see it as a problem that Upson is playing. He was always going to pick him really, given that him & Terry played regularly in WCQ.

Fact is with King & Ferdinand out. Our defense has no pace. Dawson or Upson wont bring that.

I rather hope Capello goes with a 4-5-1 formation. I think it might give a new dimension to the team.
4-4-2 is clearly not working. England's attack have all fizzled out with Rooney going out of form.

Dont see it as a problem that Upson is playing. He was always going to pick him really, given that him & Terry played regularly in WCQ.

Fact is with King & Ferdinand out. Our defense has no pace. Dawson or Upson wont bring that.

Dawson is quicker than Upson and much better in the air. Upson didn't really do anything to merit selection to the World Cup for me, whereas Dawson had an excellent season in the Premiership.

Dawson is quicker than Upson and much better in the air. Upson didn't really do anything to merit selection to the World Cup for me, whereas Dawson had an excellent season in the Premiership.

Upson was just playing in a poor team in the prem. But everytime he played international football he played solidly, which is all that mattered. He defiantely warranted a WC squad place.

Dawson definately had a better season, although i cant totally agree that he is better than Upson in the air. Dawson has never played with Terry in a competitve match. Upson is safe option really for such a crunch game.

Well I'm just going to say now, if he costs us a goal I'll be pissed.

Ha ye i'm nervous about him playing as well. As i said once it aint Rio, King or Carra partnering JT. Its always a bit nervy.

I agree with what Tony Cascarino said on SSN: Drop Rooney to the bench, let him simmer there for a bit, and then unleash him during the second half. The way things are going, I can see Wayne getting a red card before getting a goal, because he is frustrated and when he's frustrated, he does silly things.

I wonder if Capello will have the guts...

Edit: I hope those idiots who were pleased that Rio got injured are happy now. With Rio/Terry at the back, the defence looks reasonably solid. Without either, it looks about as solid as a wet tissue.

Heskey isnt playing well. They should play Crouch instead.

Sorry but Heskey shouldn't even be in the squad. Why didn't we take Bent? Or Agbonlahor?

Also the matter is that Rooney must play alone as a forward. I have observed that all the passes from midfield were divided by Hensky and especially long balls. Honestly Hesnky wins the ball on most of occasions but then he just wastes them all. He neither provides good enough passes to Rooney nor does he able to finish them on his on. Of course Rooney also has not played according to his potential but as I have said it before; if other striker is playing then he must have to play around Rooney. It must be tactical errors when you have Rooney on the ground for 90 minutes and he has got nil shots on target.

Users who are viewing this thread