Group C - ENGLAND, United States, Algeria, Slovenia

about sums it up :laugh

although I did like the France Mexico match today

129209328504419918.png

I agree. Pretty awful World Cup so far barely been any good games which isn't a good advert for the game in places such as USA.

One of the major reason for this has been that the balls are obviously not very good; nearly every single team has complained bar the Germans who've had a long time practising with them. You can't shoot from difference let alone play a long ball with them.

Nonsense. The articles I've posted in Germany's group thread state differently. 51% of the players at the World Cup have had regular access to the ball. Even the German defenders and one of the goalkeepers weren't too pleased with the ball - they were just happy that they'd practiced with it. The ball was given to all leagues with players participating in the World Cup. England didn't use it, because Nike sponsors their Premier League, not Adidas. However, Chelsea was one of the clubs that trialled the ball. England chose not to practice with the ball, because it would interfere with the league play, you could say.

Football atmospheres are usually a hell of a lot more varied that the ones at this World Cup - if constant vuvuzela humming is putting people off football itself, don't allow it to.

ATS. England should be hoping to outscore USA in their final two group games. While also hoping the USA draws/loses to either Slovenia/Algeria. Since its almost fairly clear if England finishes second in this group. Its a R16 vs Germany & QF vs Argentina.

Im ready for it. But i'm sure they rather win the group & have a R16 vs Ghana & QF vs Mexico (as it seems).

ATS. England should be hoping to outscore USA in their final two group games. While also hoping the USA draws/loses to either Slovenia/Algeria. Since its almost fairly clear if England finishes second in this group. Its a R16 vs Germany & QF vs Argentina.

Im ready for it. But i'm sure they rather win the group & have a R16 vs Ghana & QF vs Mexico (as it seems).

If we can start playing as we were throughout the qualifiers, we'll easily outscore the US. It would be hilarious if they went out, after seeing all their fans spouting nonsense that they were going all the way, and that Bunker Hill paper story.

What's got Algeria's goat? Seems they're all angry just because Rooney said he's confident of an England win! Which is right - we're by far the superior team, and Algeria know that. It's not as if Rooney said we'd beat them 10-0, all he said is that he thinks we'll win!

Edit: Why don't the England fans bring a few loudspeakers into the stadium and play the band down that, chant as well? That would shut the vuvuzela crap up!

Slovenia scores their second goal and it's 2-0 at half time. :laugh

They look a tidy little outfit, Slovenia, no mugs thats for sure. USA has utterly no venom at all go forward.

What a finish by Donovan. Good job the keeper didn't get in the way of that, the power in the shot might just have knocked his head off.

Game on!

meh, got 5 bucks on us to win. Hopefully they do otherwise Im totally done with this yawn fest of a tournament.

I jokingly said that mid season baseball would be more exciting than this and unfortunately it is :(

You obviously haven't watched the last 3 days then, Mark. It's picked up about 150% from the first round.

I'll watch again once we get to semis. I reckon the quality of soccer will pick up then. They stopped showing most of the games on national TV now :(

You'll be very lucky to make the semi's. I mean at the moment you'll have a good job to get through to the knock-out stages.

The format goes: Group Stage > Last 16 > Quarter-Final > Semi-Final > Final

Users who are viewing this thread