Group F - ITALY, Paraguay, New Zealand, Slovakia

Yeah, it's because there is so much money involved for those guys, which is why they have to cheat.
New Zealand and a few other countries there are clean, as there's not as much at stake for them.
Wait till we verse Paraguay, South American teams are usually the worst at it, as there is so much pressure on them.
Like dudes there get shot if they stuff up, and stuff like that.

At least I think that's why it happens.

Thats what puts me off Soccer, a bunch of pussy flingwits that dive on the ground to get a penalty :facepalm

Football fans dont sit there celebrating when players go down diving. No one likes it. It's being cut down upon by yellow cards being given for when there is no contact. A lot of the time it's legit, I mean it's not easy to stay on your feet when you're running full pace and get studs into your bare flesh in the back of your ankle.

I heard that stuff on the radio this morning, they should just have a penalty shoot-out or something.

CG123 added 2 Minutes and 56 Seconds later...

Football fans dont sit there celebrating when players go down diving. No one likes it. It's being cut down upon by yellow cards being given for when there is no contact. A lot of the time it's legit, I mean it's not easy to stay on your feet when you're running full pace and get studs into your bare flesh in the back of your ankle.

IMO most of the time the yellow cards go to the teams that has done nothing wrong, while the team doing the diving wins a free-kick/penalty.

The worst thing is when a guy gets tripped up, and they go down holding their face. It's like wtf are you holding your face for, you got hit in the shin.

Also dudes go down and have a cry, but when they get the decision to go there way they stand back up straight away and carry on.

This is very much something that puts me off the game, hence one of the reasons why I struggle to sit through a full game.

Football fans dont sit there celebrating when players go down diving. No one likes it.
I realise that but that's just whats put me off football, and it doesn't help when one of the first matches I've ever watched was full of Italians diving.

A lot of the time it's legit, I mean it's not easy to stay on your feet when you're running full pace and get studs into your bare flesh in the back of your ankle.
Yeah I know, but I was highlighting the incidents when either nothing happened or they got a slight grab of the jersey and fall over.
In the end it's up to the ref though, and that ref last night was world cup quality.

-D-S-B- added 2 Minutes and 33 Seconds later...

Also dudes go down and have a cry, but when they get the decision to go there way they stand back up straight away and carry on.
Noticed this many times this World Cup. Fall over like you've broken a leg until the refs give you the penalty, and then it's like Jesus himself has paid the fella a visit.

on a different note; the all whites are talking point in our school lately, i here people talking about the games all over the place. If only the cricket was that popular :(

Lol, the whole first quarter of our main TV news programme which is on every night at 6pm was on the draw. ;)

Lame, I'll watch a real sports show at 7 ;)

As soon as the other news came on I turned it off, I just wanted to see the reaction to the match.
I can never watch TCGW, as I have dinner at 7 pretty much every night.

The more I see that cheat dive the worse it looks. As Ryan Nelsen said "If that's one of FIFA's best referees, I'd hate to see their worst". We should've beaten the world champs :facepalm

Rant over :p (for now)

Last edited:
Yeah guys, fair enough, I agree with your feelings about the diving. Some might hold there face because they're in pain though... those Europeans are weird you know ;)

I agree the diving sucks but nothing you can do about it. It's a tactic, win at all costs so they go down easily to get free kicks/penaltys to score. It's a dirty tactic but thats the sad truth :/

I guess it's something you've just got to accept as a football fan. If they can con the ref, why not. First Wayne Barnes now this douche. :noway

Lame, I'll watch a real sports show at 7 ;)

Which sport would that be then? Bet it's not one that has a World Cup...

Yeah guys, fair enough, I agree with your feelings about the diving. Some might hold there face because they're in pain though... those Europeans are weird you know ;)

I agree the diving sucks but nothing you can do about it. It's a tactic, win at all costs so they go down easily to get free kicks/penaltys to score. It's a dirty tactic but thats the sad truth :/

It's a worldwide thing - not just the Europeans. Remember how Rivaldo got hit by the ball a few years ago at a World Cup and went down holding his face? Only, he wasn't hit anywhere near his face. It's a disgrace, but unless Fifa can find a way to stop it, it's here to stay.

Edit: Italy are heading out of the World Cup - 1-0 down to Slovakia!

My word, 2-0! Possibly the first time ever the two World Cup finalsts have both been knocked out at the group stages.

Heehee Italians down 2-0 now.

sohum added 0 Minutes and 16 Seconds later...

My word, 2-0! Possibly the first time ever the two World Cup finalsts have both been knocked out at the group stages.
According to the commentary team, it will be.

No I meant there is the possibility of it happening if Italy lose.

treva added 11 Minutes and 58 Seconds later...

What a game! 3-1 Slovakia. And that offside was very tight, could have been different had that stood. One of the best games so far. Sensational. I love football :D

Users who are viewing this thread