Group F - ITALY, Paraguay, New Zealand, Slovakia

Wow.

If the England players think they've been crucified by the press, just wait and see what the Italian press will say about the Italy team!

I want Italy to go through, being half Italian, but just like England, they need to improve so much to last much longer. In fact, I'm not sure if they can - they're too old! At least the England players still have youth on their side - with the exception of one or two of course.

What a great exciting match it was. If somehow Italy qualifies they could face the Netherlands in the second round.

What do the Kiwiz think this is? A Wrestling match?

Wrestling? It only took a tiny touch and the Italians were going down like they had just been shot, such a joke team. Someone needs to tell them to man the hell up.

Wrestling? It only took a tiny touch and the Italians were going down like they had just been shot, such a joke team. Someone needs to tell them to man the hell up.

Agree :D

Go the All Whites though :happy:happy:happy

In the last round of matches, what happens if both games are a draw? Cos Paraguay will go through, but Italy and NZ will both have 3 points, and a zero goal differential. Italy will probably waste Slovakia though so we have to win to go through I suppose.

Paraguay should top the group. I can't imagine anybody predicted that at the start of the tournament. Some belting goals by them today, loved the finish on the first one.

Oh no, I mean oh yes, our media is going to be so cocky now! Fair enough though.
How the fearsome tweak did we pull this one off? :D

Looks like no TV and Radio for me, not going to hear the end of this one.
Well played NZ, Italy clearly aren't the team they were 4 years ago.

Oh I can imagine all of the friendly reminders you are going to get about how the Kiwi's are fairing compared to the Aussies!

And at least the Kiwi's know that you actually have 11 blokes in a football team, not ten!!:p

Headlines wont be about us drawing with Italy, more like "All Whites stunning the world, but where's Aussie?". :laugh

What do you mean? Isn't a New Zealand channel broadcasting this? Or it is because of your situation at home?

Anyway, I bet many people have been watching this is at night in some New Zealand's homes. Any many people would feel very sleepy tomorrow. Some may not even go to school or work.

That ref should really just piss off altogether, isn't the WC meant to have the best refs in the world, not jokers like that ... refing our game.
The smallest of touches and the stupid Italians would just fall on the ground and have a cry, and the ref would just give them the free-kick.
Even Nelson after the game was having a fit at the ref, and saying he wasn't up to WC standard.

Great draw from the boys, and now we our one match away from the round of 16, who would of thought that.
We've always struggled against South American teams, but I'm picking us to win this one in a very tight match.
Italy in the process will clean up Slovakia, meaning Italy will go through top and we'll go through second.

CG123 added 0 Minutes and 54 Seconds later...

What do you mean? Isn't a New Zealand channel broadcasting this? Or it is because of your situation at home?

It was on one free to TV channel, one paying TV channel, and the main sporting radio station.

Thats what puts me off Soccer, a bunch of pussy ****wits that dive on the ground to get a penalty :facepalm

I was expecting to hear all about the match at school but I only heard it mentioned 2 or 3 times!

-D-S-B- added 0 Minutes and 42 Seconds later...

The smallest of touches and the stupid Italians would just fall on the ground and have a cry, and the ref would just give them the free-kick.
Saw the replay and It's blatant cheating.

-D-S-B- added 5 Minutes and 44 Seconds later...

I just read that the teams that qualify could be decided by a name drawn out of a hat! That would be a pathetic way to exit

Users who are viewing this thread