India tour of England 2018

Well done Hardik Pandya. He bowled really well, making the batsmen play at the ball. His fifer has put England out of sorts. Just hope he can be consistent with his performances. That is the one thing that hes unable to do. But nevertheless, it was well deserved for some disciplined and tight bowling.

Shami has bowled some absolute tripe. We are lucky that Pandya got so many in a short span.

Just one to go, lets finish things off in style.

I didn't hear much from Michael Holding during that Pandya spell. It's like he disappeared. I like how honest he generally is but in this series, it's like he has brought a special hatred for India.

Special mention to Hardik who has been brilliant even after so much pressure on him. I have always said that he is the x-factor that this Indian side needs. Yes, he is not at the level of Ben Stokes and needs a lot of work but when he is on song, he can be an asset to this Indian side especially overseas.

I will definitely have Bumrah from the other end to finish this off. Butler is only going to attack here.

Shami has just been hit for 16 runs from Buttler. They surely have the sense to bring Bumrah when it's basically T20 out there now.

Buttler in that T20 mode, would say get Bumrah in there. :p[DOUBLEPOST=1534691292][/DOUBLEPOST]We should aim to get Buttler out.

Looks like Michael Holding is the guy targeted for Hardik's 5-fer spell here! Well... Holding was not wrong! One sensational spell doesn't make Hardik a test quality allrounder yet. And all Holding said was "he is just not there yet". He didn't say "Hardik will never be there". Good for India and Hardik that he got those wickets. But let's not press the "I said so" or the "what did you say?" button yet. Let him keep up these performances over a consistent period and people will be happy to be proved wrong.

Horrendous captaincy there! Not bringing in the field for the 4th and 5th ball, essentially letting Buttler take the single and letting Anderson survive only one ball in an over. Looks like Buttler with his T20 mode has thrown Kohli into the defensive.

And Buttler is starting to cash in now.

Looks like Michael Holding is the guy targeted for Hardik's 5-fer spell here! Well... Holding was not wrong! One sensational spell doesn't make Hardik a test quality allrounder yet. And all Holding said was "he is just not there yet". He didn't say "Hardik will never be there". Good for India and Hardik that he got those wickets. But let's not press the "I said so" or the "what did you say?" button yet. Let him keep up these performances over a consistent period and people will be happy to be proved wrong.
No one's saying he's wrong. But when someone does what Hardik did right after you say something like that, you can't help but think that it's funny.

Butler doing a kohli here.... Smashing it until the 5th delivery

No one's saying he's wrong. But when someone does what Hardik did right after you say something like that, you can't help but think that it's funny.

I don't see what's so funny. This is one of the most fluky spells I have seen. Hardik, no matter what, must not play in the next tests.

Would have liked to see you actually quote me since I was the only one who talked about it. I will tell you to read my post again as I have never said that he is a test quality all-rounder yet. I did say that he needs a lot of work to reach to that level. However, its ridiculous how much criticism he has got while he has been the only batsmen apart from Kohli and Ashwin who has shown some spine while batting in the first 2 tests.

Also I haven't targeted Holding for his words on Hardik. He is actually quite right there. However, there have many instances in the series so far and also when he was working in that India South Africa series where out of nowhere he would criticise India for something completely garbage stuff. He yesterday mentioned about the black bend that India are wearing saying that "Indian players are wearing the black band not because they are 0-2 down" before he actually mentioned about Ajit Wadekar. Also remember him criticizing Pant and Hardik because they apparently have been selected based on their "IPL performance.". Immediately someone from the sky team pointed out that Pant averages 54 in first class cricket and he was all quiet. Also remember when Virat was doing pretty well in South Africa while batting, he said he needs to perform in England to prove his greatness. Absolutely ridiculous stuff that came out of mouth. As I mentioned in the previous post that I am a fan of him because he is very honest in his commentary but he sometimes comes up with something absolutely unnecessary stuff to criticize India.

I don't see what's so funny. This is one of the most fluky spells I have seen. Hardik, no matter what, must not play in the next tests.
He will play no matter what. He bowled well, and was awarded for that. He bowled in the right areas and got wickets. It's hard to consistently drop the ball in an exact area where batsmen can fish at.

Users who are viewing this thread